Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Offroad Meet & Greet

Re: Offroad Meet & Greet

regretably we can't make this weekend !

we're building a new home which has limited time, plus i'm now required to train new staff at work !

a real shame as we were looking forward to putting faces to the names etc..

i have booked and paid for site number 7, so it's now yours to use!

all the best hope a great w/end is had by all

cheers guys,

cameron

I am 99.9999999999% a goer for Saturday at least, and now a possibile overnighter as well. Also may have a mate in a patrol coming along too. I won't be able to get upe as early as you Poodroo, so the 'lux may be a bit late again. I WILL get there before the day is over though.

Are you planing on doing the Dirty Weekends trip backwards from the camp to head towards A Break? I have a PDA/GPS with mapping software so should be able to fing you with just a couple of GPS points if you leave before I get there. Can we all decide upon a UHF channel for the trip so those of us who may be ariving a little later can contact those of you who have started off without us (how rude!!). That way I can get the points off someone who has a GPS too.

Am really looking forward to this.

Brett

May 2006 Order New Hilux - June 2006 Order ARB & Other Goodies - August 2006 Organise fitting of ARB & Other Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Delivery of New Hilux with Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Break Goodies - 3rd September 2006 Use Angle Grinder to Modify New Goodies - 4th July 2007 BEND ARB rear protection bar (Big Rocks) - 31st July 2007 Notice cracked welds in the ute tub. TWIST!! - September 2007 Bend Alloy Side Steps - Feb 2008 Install steel side steps - March 2008 Bend Steel steps & Punture Diff Lock Air Line

We normally use UHF21 Brett. Look forward to seeing you there. I think we will be doing things backwards to A-Brake as well. See you when you get there.

Now so far I have three who will be joining me in the convoy. So far I have Black_Rat, Igutso, and Cruiser93. I am going to make the first meeting point the same place as the trial Mt.Mee M&G which is the Caltex Servo (Popular stop) Cnr. Beams Road and Gympie Road Carseldine. Will be leaving there by 9am sharp for anyone else who wants to join the convoy. My Pajero to look out for is pretty distinctive being blue and silver with Ausfish stickers on the rear windows so I should be easy to find in the carpark.

Regards,

Poodroo
    Last edited by Poodroo; 28-02-2007 at 04:13 PM.

The Caltex servo it is ! A cup of chicken chippies and an ice break at the servo and I'll be ready to roll see you at 9am sharp !

I don't have a UHF in the 4B but I'll burrow one of those hand held ones from the future brother-in-law and some of that hardwood in their backyard . That's the cost of marring my sister

( jeez damo, I hope you mean marrying in the sentence above ! )
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 28-02-2007 at 07:46 PM.

Lol Damo. Those handhelds work just fine. I have two of them and that's what I have been using when doing my annual Fraser trips. Mine have a 3klm range which is okay and the guys from our last 4x4 M&G said I was coming in clear. Looking forward to catching up Saturday.

Regards,

Poodroo

Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo View Post
    Lol Damo. Those handhelds work just fine. I have two of them and that's what I have been using when doing my annual Fraser trips. Mine have a 3klm range which is okay and the guys from our last 4x4 M&G said I was coming in clear. Looking forward to catching up Saturday.

Regards,

Poodroo
    I bought a set of hand held UHFs last year from an auto store for $80.

They were the more expensive of the "cheepie" hand helds so I thought it was money well worth spent.

Charged them both up overnight and gave them a go the next day. Only to find that they were $hite when receiving even when driving on the highway and on the truckies channels. A few days later I was over at the previously mentioned future brother-in-laws place (....opppss.... my sister and her fiance'es place) to do some testing and there was no clarity between units at all even at 50m.

I took them back and got a refund but I guess should have walked away originally when they had to walk out to the back of the shore to grab the units, chargers and booklets after picking up the only empty box off the shelf
    Last edited by Black_Rat; 28-02-2007 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rat View Post
    I bought a set of hand held UHFs last year from an auto store for $80.

They were the more expensive of the "cheepie" hand helds so I thought it was money well worth spent.

Charged them both up overnight and gave them a go the next day. Only to find that they were $hite when receiving even when driving on the highway and on the truckies channels. A few days later I was over at the previously mentioned future brother-in-laws place (....opppss.... my sister and her fiance'es place) to do some testing and there was no clarity between units at all even at 50m.

I took them back and got a refund but I guess should have walked away originally when they had to walk out to the back of the shore to grab the units, chargers and booklets after picking up the only empty box off the shelf
    Mine are Oricom brand and were on advertised special at The Warehouse a couple of years ago. Got two for $49.95 and they work a treat. Can never tell how they are going to perform until you try them eh? Always keep the receipts.

Poodroo

Brett, The schedule for Saturday will go something like this:-

get to archer camp by 10ish, set up camps, have drinkies and lunch. About midday set out for A break, but we are going include some sight seeing on the way down and back. I think the afternoons trek will take about 4 hours. Maybe longer now that there is rain forecast for the next few days and into the weekend.

I will put up a better schedule in the next day or so. Might even include GPS marks.

Phill;
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Sounds good, well be heading up there with Poodroo, is there a final list of whos going along? looking forward to it... if theres rain, hopefully it will wash away the sand i got from Straddie... oh ps,, got back from Straddie and Bec and I got engaged, havent done a fishing report yet except to say dart, flatties and whiting. but caught the biggest fish getting engaged, and yep Bec got into fishing and caught a flattie on plastics in the surf, a few nice big darts and got used to an Alvey...

with the driving just a thought, what do you guys think about getting your partners to drive some bits of the tracks etc? just a thought.. could be a lot of fun

cheers
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Igutso View Post
    Sounds good, well be heading up there with Poodroo, is there a final list of whos going along? looking forward to it... if theres rain, hopefully it will wash away the sand i got from Straddie... oh ps,, got back from Straddie and Bec and I got engaged, havent done a fishing report yet except to say dart, flatties and whiting. but caught the biggest fish getting engaged, and yep Bec got into fishing and caught a flattie on plastics in the surf, a few nice big darts and got used to an Alvey...

with the driving just a thought, what do you guys think about getting your partners to drive some bits of the tracks etc? just a thought.. could be a lot of fun

cheers
    Mike
    Congratulations Mike

Heading down for a fish $10, catching a big fish while getting engaged $25, & getting Bec into fishing before/after she said YES priceless !
    Last edited by Black_Rat; 28-02-2007 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks mate,

sort of lucked out there, was at Straddie for a couple of weeks, fished mainly Flinders as Main was a bit too rough with bec and my old man (75) still caught heaps of fish, Flinders fished well last couple of weeks, best thing was Bec ended up going to a big surf rod no problems, only thing i have to do now is to get her to do her own knots/rigs etc.

I sort of figure she thought she better like fishing otherwise could be a lonely holiday. Funniest thing was first day we went out she caught a flattie on SP's on the surf 2nd cast, she was hooked after that.... suited me

cheers
    Mike

Was it a Valentines Day proposal ?

congratulations to both of you.

YES, the ladies are expected to traverse A break, from behind the wheel. Although I will take into consideration the road conditions after rain.

OH, Mike did you pack the baked beans ???

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rat View Post
    The Caltex servo it is ! A cup of chicken chippies and an ice break at the servo and I'll be ready to roll see you at 9am sharp !

I don't have a UHF in the 4B but I'll burrow one of those hand held ones from the future brother-in-law and some of that hardwood in their backyard . That's the cost of marring my sister

( jeez damo, I hope you mean marrying in the sentence above ! )
    LMAO yes I do hey that's my sister your talking about
    Last edited by Black_Rat; 28-02-2007 at 09:35 PM.

Hi All,

Many thanks for the congratulations, Ill fess up, yep it was a Valentines proposal, actually only clear day i had between rellie's, but i will admit to having it planned,..never thought i had it in me.... funniest thing was half an hour before i popped the question bec asked if i was alright as i had apparently a really serious expression on my face.... as for baked beans... Bec reckons Boston Baked Beans are the go... large can.. guaranteed

cheers
    mike

Congratulations Mike. Good to hear she said yes.

Hope you guys have good insurance letting the missus get behind the wheel. LOL
    (only joking)

Hope we do get a little rain in the lead up, but praying for clear skies All day Saturday & Sunday.

Geez, what a weekend for it. Comp at Landcruiser Park & 1st round of the V8 Supercars. Oh well, meeting new people, 4WDing, and of coarse a shandy or three will have to do! Anyone else out there partial to a red? (wine, not red head) Although I do like the latter too! LOL

My mate won't be coming in the patrol, something about being unable to keep up with the 'lux!!! My brother-in-law might come if he isn't working, I'll know toorrow.

Brett

May 2006 Order New Hilux - June 2006 Order ARB & Other Goodies - August 2006 Organise fitting of ARB & Other Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Delivery of New Hilux with Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Break Goodies - 3rd September 2006 Use Angle Grinder to Modify New Goodies - 4th July 2007 BEND ARB rear protection bar (Big Rocks) - 31st July 2007 Notice cracked welds in the ute tub. TWIST!! - September 2007 Bend Alloy Side Steps - Feb 2008 Install steel side steps - March 2008 Bend Steel steps & Punture Diff Lock Air Line