Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: starfed sunday

Re: starfed sunday

you still had a good day Rob, no sunnies is a killer out there. all trips can't be perfect.

Rob, i'm surprised you didnt make an appearence at the 18 mile given the fishing ont he banks wasn't quite up to scratch.
    I headed out to the 8 & 18 mile with the new owners of the puddin yesterday. We managed to get 2 bait jigs nailed by billfish, 3 mac tuna and 2 cobes. The bait, water temp and clarity on the 18 mile were all awesome, the fish just weren't playing the game! It can't be too long now until the fish make a true appearence.

Cheers, CJ

thought i heard someone say Magic Puddin on the radio yesterday... no wonder lol

i was fishing with Vertico off the banks.. working our way down south.. pretty dismal... few pearlies, gold spot wrasse and parrot.. and a coupla small squire.. then headed home... running into Rob and crew on the way home.picked up a few small cobes then dashed in

Saw a small billie.. prolly a black off the eastern side of the banks slashing into some bait.. unfortunately Sean didnt see it.. looked about 20-30kg size when only moments before a school of small flyingfish ran for cover

Tim

still managed to put a good feed together
    rob
    we ventured out sunday to cal wide and
    the fishing was way below average. managed a
    few but nothing to write home about.

should have lent a set of polarised lenses off me rob always got atleast 1 set in the boat

Bad luck Rob, seems like everybody has a crap day now and again. I had a shocker sat, tried some new ground and techniques.. going to take a lot more work! I found some great looking jack country down the tweed thou, just have to work out how and when to catch the buggers.

JB