Re: Soft Plastic Jew On Monday

top fish rod ...again hehe well done to u and benny again

cheers matt

sweet
    you get those plastics ok ?

Vertico
    Yup thanks mate, have already got a few fish on them.

Benny J
    Was a good day mate must do it again. Still think we should have gone straight to the Tweed after for a jack fish before that big storm.

Top effort Guys. Nice fish!
    Roderick your enthusiasm is something else mate!!

Drove past The Richmond recently ... geez it looks like an excellent area to fish after the continuously busy waters of the Gold Coast!

Off to Weipa tomorrow so might drop you boys a line from there if we hook up any beauties!

Gotta admit I have one regret about going to weipa at the moment ..... the conditions for jack fishing down here at the moment are awesome!!!

Catch ya soon boys.

Franco

Good luck up there mate, I think Brad was trying to get a few plugs off us for someone going to Weipa, I take it that must be you. I will have a scratch around and see if I have a few spare.

Good fishing

Ah the Flack does it again...

fantasic fish
    hows the mug shot! brilliant!

Yes we landed one on monday as well and lost two on plastics.
    I was fly fishing for them but no touches on the fly,
    vince.

gogecko

Vince mate, thats a monster. What length is he? Did he go the magic metre?
    Is that Southport seaway? I might be there tomorrow AM.

regards
    Andrew

rod, what have you found to be the best "action/style" to work your softies for jews? do you get them on the drop like snapper offshore?
    damon

Damon

99% of the jewies take the SP on the drop, mate i dont do much with the rod other than cast out and once the lure is on the bottom I just lift it about a metre of and let it drop again. All the way to the boat and then same again. Very boring but thats how I get them . I have done this for three hours sometimes with not even a tap and then got 2 fish in two casts. If I use a jerk minnow then I give it a bit of an erratic action with the rod but the shads I just let them swim down. Watch the line VERY VERY closely because all you might get is a flick while the sp is dropping and if you dont hit then they will spit it out. I have already been fishing and checked my lure to see that it is still rigged correctley and found puncture holes in it, A jew had bit it without me even seeing or feeling anything.
    Good Luck there Mate.

Point_Blank

roderick
    i think we should swing down to the river for a jack with this heat that should be on the chew

benny j

Benny J

Sorry mate went with Toppy this morning and hammered the bass on surface. Will be too tired to go tom, maybe you can twist Steves arm to go in the morn,he didnt go out today.

Rod

Point_Blank

nah i think i must go to school coz they just called and asked why i never go so i said maybe u should call flickflack

benny j

very nice fish there guys!