Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Crays

Re: Big Crays

We don't do it any different to you guys in the south. We still poke bon fires with our private parts, eat our weet bix with cold XXXX beer instead of milk, wrestle crocodiles (only if they are bad), bleed rum, walk around with guns the size of chemmy and own 37 bull mastiff cross red heelers.

On a serious note, yes, would be pleasure to take you diving, just give me some reasonable notice.

Mick

Maybe we could have an ausfish dive Meet and greet sometime in the new year. Since there are a few of us around the Townsville, Cairns, Bowen area.

Off the top of my head, we could probably twist the arms of Devocean, Leo, Bugman, cyclone, myself, after7, etc.

I think some of the Cairns guys like Daintree boy and Ron do a bit of diving as well. Not 100% sure, but it seems familiar to associate them with spearing for some reason.

Maybe chemmy would like to treck north for it as well. Doug hanning could be a possibility, but he would probably out spear us 100 - 1.

I have probably missed a few others as well.

Who would be keen if the date and time suit?

Very keen. Are you guys keen to show off your Bowen spots or are we better off waiting for a good reef day?

I think the reef would have to be the target, but the inshore Bowen area is not a bad second choice. Other options could be the inshore reef at camp Island. Alot of dive comps are held here because the fish life is prolific (mainly Island trout) and the reef is very big so it reduces the chance of shooting your best mate, which is sometimes a good thing.

I think we're on to something Mick,

Flights are cheap with Virgin and Jetstar making it a reasonable proposition for more of the southerners.

Some time in the new year - maybe Feb etc. Jan is going to be busy chasing crays in tassie then catching Marlin down here.

Brett

Yeah, Ok, we'll see how much intrest is shown and then we can organise something. If we can make it to Feb or March it would suit diving up here a bit better. If we get alot of rain or a couple of cyclones then we will have to wait until the water clears, which can take a while. BUT, the reef is almost always clear, so that is the better option through summer.

Im in