Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 kilo Point Lookout Jobbie

10 kilo Point Lookout Jobbie

Was one of the trillion boats out on Sunday and managed to stalk a nice green jobbie and a couple of jacks. Saw over 100 whalers during the day must be shark mating time!
    Cheerio Doug

Re: 10 kilo Point Lookout Jobbie

Jacks

A quality jobbie Doug. Although we get quite a few rosies (much smaller than their Hervey Bay cousins), I didn't think the greens were down this far?

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren
    A quality jobbie Doug. Although we get quite a few rosies (much smaller than their Hervey Bay cousins), I didn't think the greens were down this far?

Cheers
    Paul
    Paul

I've seen green job's caught in the coff's harbour area and of the goldie!

Ian
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Top fish again Doug.

I noticed you guys out there yesterday. It must have been a bit nerve wracking with all of those boats around. From where I was sitting, at one stage it looked like one group of guys were trying to interest you in a hexhead.

Did you see any tuna or wahoo where you were?

Cheers

Smerl

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

Now that's a solid jobbie! Would be fantastic on the end of a line

cheers,

steve

Awesome effort there Doug.

How do you manage to freedive so deep and stay under for so long with your gills covered over like that? #LOL #

Smerl- I think some blokes troll next to us to see what the hell we are doing, were you the guys anchored up?. No wahoo or yellowfin around but lost about a 8kg dollie. Did see about 50 jobbies 10kgs plus in a huge school. When I shot mine there were ones half as big again in the limit of my vision, but jobbies are quite ellusive so I took my first available chance. Saw a couple of spanish at the group and was bitten on the bicep by one of the jacks, shot it in a cave and it barrelled straight out and bit my arm, gave me a shock and a few puncture marks through my wetsuit. The other guys with me found this quite hillarious.

Quote Originally Posted by DougHanning
    shot it in a cave and it barrelled straight out and bit my arm, gave me a shock and a few puncture marks through my wetsuit. The other guys with me found this quite hillarious.
    I BET they did - CLASSIC

Doug

We were in the grey haines to the north trolling north of the boat was anchored up - there was a hugh patch of bait being rouded up in about 60 m out there but we didn't even turn a reel on it. We did one lap around that lump that the boat was anchored on but there were too many other boats there for us. There have been some nice hoo and y'fin around that lump lately but doesn't sound like anyone did to well there on the weekend. Is that where the jacks and jobbie came from or where they closer to the point? I'd love to get anyone of them on the end of a line.

Cheers

Smerl

Quote Originally Posted by finding_time
    [quote author=Big_Ren link=1137369813/0#2 date=1137371922]A quality jobbie Doug. Although we get quite a few rosies (much smaller than their Hervey Bay cousins), I didn't think the greens were down this far?

Cheers
    Paul
    Paul

Ian
    [/quote]

Thanks Ian. I have only ever caught them in offshore Fraser waters and they are real beasties. Good to learn something new.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by finding_time
    [quote author=Big_Ren link=1137369813/0#2 date=1137371922]A quality jobbie Doug. Although we get quite a few rosies (much smaller than their Hervey Bay cousins), I didn't think the greens were down this far?

Cheers
    Paul
    Paul

Ian
    [/quote] Hi Ian

They don't call you quidnunc for nothing o great guru

that is an absolute beauty, never seen a bigger jobby in all my years
    all 25 of em ahah
    well done som nice jacks there as well
    thanks
    sean

Another awesome fish doug, waiting for good vis up here at the moment big tides playing havoc and you need to get out at least 50km to get above 3 metres, itching toi try new gear to

Saw 50 big jobbies, stalked one (that's a real prize), lost a nice dollie, got bit by a jack (could of been an eel), nearly got mated by a couple of whalers, boats all around not doing too well - now we know why you dive - Well done