Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barwon Banks Disappointing

Re: Barwon Banks Disappointing

Yeh, fantastic action photo of the Dolphinfish.
    What kind of camera do you use to get that kind of photo.

Surprising to here the north and middle of the Banks did not fire on Saturday as we faired pretty well on the southern end.
    About 45 kgs of snapper and pearlies.
    Although the pearlies were very patchy and would be there one drift and gone the next, but when we found the snapper they really bit their heads off. Which shocked me even more as last weekend (23/10) when we were in the same area we couldn't find any and I thought the snapper purple patch was over for this season. Hasn't it been a cracker.
    Oh well, thats fishing.
    Pual

Jeffo,

How did you drop that dolphin? It looks likeit's tied itself in knots - you should have been able to skull drag it in.

Shame we had to drink rather than fish

Just goes to prove we are all mortal after all hey Mark??? It's about time Better luck next time mate, i am sure your good trips far out weigh the bad ones!

Mitch

Bad luck mate, we have all of those days > but mind you we now know not to go out with a northly wind, we have never ever done any good with a northly, if you do, you really have to work for them moveing spot to spot. Anyways good to see you got some sort of a feed. Our moto is "Anything with a "N" in the wind means NOTHING!

brett- that photo was taken the second the line broke.... got tip wrapped > hence all the loose line.

heard you out there on 21 still bets mowing grass do you think it was the dreaded northerlys i only seem to get below catches inthem hoga

you should have been able to skull drag it in
    They are good honest fish and this one was just on or just over line class. Certainly had Channon doing doughnuts around it anyway. Just out of gaffing range.

Well Mark what do you say ................? There's allways next weekend It will give you chance to eat the fish lower down in the freezer We pulled the pin on Sunday's trip at 9 pm Saturday night due to conditions
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]