Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barwon banks 30-oct-2005

Barwon banks 30-oct-2005

Well we left the ramp at 4/4:30am and had a long run out to our spot at the banks, conditions were sh!t. Started with pearlies and the odd squire then we saw a 1.2 meter dolphin fish swim right by the boat so the floaters went out then wammo mine goes of and a short while later a 5 kilo snapper hits the deckwoooohoooo. Later dad got busted up by something. Then the other floater goes of and it was all over red rover in a bout 15/20 seconds the fish took about 40/50 meters of line and did me in the reef. Well that is it so we headed home because all of the crew (except me) had to go to a party. Quick run back taking 1 1/4 hours to 1 1/2 hours to get back to the ramp. We separated the fish and headed home fun day's fishing with me catching my first fish on floater (5kilo snapper). Saw vertico on the way out.

Cheers chemmy

Re: Barwon banks 30-oct-2005

/

/

wheres the fish pic...
    "whats the time"

talley at the end of the day was
    squire=6
    snapper=1
    pearl pearch=17
    pig fish=1

Top fish chemmy, glad to be your filleting slave again lol.......thanks for the fish well done on ya PB....might needa get some new line for ya TSS-4 lol

NICE SNAPS CHEMMY!

Good on ya chemmy, nice snapper! fun to catch arent they!
    (Tip) Next time a dolphin fish swims past throw it a pilly then get someone to throw bits and pieces to it until you get a rig ready, same applies to most fish.
    catch ya...foxy

way to go chemmy you showed some much more experienced guys up with that effort nice nobby

Good fish chemmy, conditions look pretty good out there.

yerh we saw you on the way but we were going to check out a spot which didnt fire DOH

you seemed to be doing it tough on the way out ?

dfox: will try it next time for sure.
    Rob: on the way home i though"gee if we got this i can't wait to see what other more experienced people got" i guess we just got lucky
    620sf: looks can be deceving and in this case they are.
    Vertico: yea it was hard but it did flaten out a bit later about 35kilometers off shore

Chemmy,

Well done, some good fish. We did no good at all on Saturday ..... maybe you will have to start giving me some tips

Mark