nice haul

Re: Sept/Oct round-up, inc NQ salty Barra

what's this

grunter bream(javelin fish)

Thanks Brett

It's amazing how much mileage you can get out of 2 nice Barra
    The larger fish which I was fortunate enough to land, measured 102cm, while Danny (Takle world Townsvile) is holding up the 75cm model he trolled up.
    Both fish were caught in consecutive Trolling passes over a snaggy mangrove section of the creek.
    We had some tense moments landing the big mumma, Andy gaffed it through the lower jaw and hauled it on board and as we searched for a space in the boat to lay it down, it gave a whacking big kick of the tail, flicked itself off the gaff to land back in the water . The Lord was watching over me that day as the lure and knots all stayed connected and we were able to successfully get it onto the floor second time around (We have it all on video

The other pics show a couple of nice fingermark to 60cm caught Livebaiting with Herring in the same location where we caught the Barra the day before.

The Grunter Bream were caught with local Fishing Guide Andy Mead at a secret location out near Cape Cleveland. Also caught Live Baiting, with some of them reaching 60 - 70cm in length .

DC, JB, Brent,
    Thanks guys, had some hot action on the water lately, hope it continues My Barra tales are starting to drive people mad, the smile is still very wide
    Bring on the Macks !!! might be time to do a bit of Beacon Bashing !! Saw a few Spotties off Mackay Harbour, buggers stole a few of my slugs Red Rocket didn't go north, so she is itching to blow out a few cobwebs

Specture,
    Yes mate, Danny from Tackle World was very helpfull, needless to say our successfull trip depended on him in the end. Well worth looking up if anyone is travelling up that way, or lives there.

Pete (Outsiderskip),
    Good operator is Mr Gooding, would not hesitate to recomend him to anyone looking for an offshore charter catering to small groups who want to target quality fish. Plenty to learn from blokes like him
    Looking foward to chasing a few Spaniards with him at a later date.

Brett,
    Yes mate we will have to swap some fishing stories over a few beers, may even cry into them at missing out on some of the Red Emperor action from the 1770 M&G.

Hmmmm, hows the weather looking for this weekend ?????????

Craigie.

awesome craigie, what a trip mate!!

Hi Craig,

Bl**dy hell you pair have been hard at it, great report and fish. I am still getting over andy's stories of his last trip up north for "work" and now this. Sounds like a great trip and hope the wedding went well for them.

Matty

Hey Craig was Andy just about to head off and skipper the Amy Dee for the Giant Black Marlin Season or was he giving it a miss this year? Nice bloke. Have had beers with him at the Gold Coast and Cooktown on some game boats.

Matty,

yes mate, been a manic few weeks of fishing. All credit to the new married man, as he is like the Energizer Bunney, no stopping him when he's on a mission.
    Saw all the photos from his last trip, 20kg Spaniards by the boat full. We were wanting to get out and try for them this trip but the wind blew 20 knots every day and confined us to the creeks, what a shame
    The wedding was a blast, Andy arranged the wedding vows in such a way that Deb (his wife) had to agree to respect his rights to fish !!! What a classic !!

Smithy,

I droped your name while speaking to Andy Mead the fishing guide, he was a bit fuzzy on it but i'm pretty sure he remembered you from the Cooktown Comp.
    He has just become a dad, so Lizard etc may be out of the question for the near future, although he was keen to hear what was going on up there.
    Things can get a bit confusing as the mate I travelled with is named Andy Mead as well. So quite often Both Andy Mead's hung out together, thank heaven's for nick names. They are actually good mates with Brissie Andy chartering Townsville Andy whenever he is in the north.

Did you recognise the game boat we photograhped off mackay, he said he was from SE QLD.

Cheers Guys,

Craig.S.

Just bumped this up as a few people had asked where it was.

Great pics and story! Very nice Barra!

Do u have any contact details for the Outlaw Charters ? email / website ? Thanks.
    just one more cast........

Chiefsimo,

John Gooding (Outlaw Charters) can be contacted on 3822 9527 or mobile 0418 738 750.

You won't be disapointed !!!

Regards
    Craigie.

Awesine repport. SAw the start thinking it would be about schoolies but it travelled directly east to sea then back in and then the report headed north to hit some massive, beautiful barra. Great report and great fish.
    Matt