Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long way from mooloolaba

Re: Long way from mooloolaba

Very impressive! Well done!

Mitch

Thought i would send the post to the top of the list.

Hi Sempre, am looking at fishing the area of "The Hards" in 2 weeks time (weather permitting). Have never fished this area before and was wondering if you had? Do you know what depth of water I can expect and is the spot reasonably flat or is there pinnicles to be found. Is the fishing of the hards worth the trip or do I need to go that further distance. Not sure if I am brave enough for 90km, how big is your boat? I will be leaving from Noosa and have worked out the hards to be about 60km. Is the area you fished east of here or more north? I understand you wont want to give too much away but any info would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Lee
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Excellent catch... gotta love the sight of that esky.

Lee, from noosa its abuot 68km, but you need to be settled at anchor well before morning.So you will have to leave the bar at night or previous afternoon. Depth is around 70m , with a few ledges but relatively flat with the usual wire weed. I have a 7.4m riptide and find the distance is well worth it provided there is no current. If your thinking of going more than happy to help,as i go every day its flat.

Sempre, thanks for the info. Am looking at going on either the 7th or 8th of November. Still not sure whether to go to the banks or that spot. Would be leaving from Noosa so an early morning (2.00am)maybe the go. Is that 68km what is known as the hards or did you say something about Mud. We only have a 6.5m plate but it should be capable of that distance I would think. Is the current normally a problem?
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Yeh Lee, that would be the top end of the hard. The Mud is a bit further. Both spots can be ordinary with current, as you need to fish light leaded.Funny thing is we had no current Saturday , and a guy a know fished the same spot Sunday , running like a train , not many fish. Very hard to pick.

sam....

Thanks mate, cant wait to give it a shot.

We shoud be out there Saturday , 81 VHF .

Sorry, make that 80 VHF , had a bit brainwave [smiley=furious2.gif]

mate i fish the muds heaps and the hards. i am based in noosa.. its a long way to go if the currents running. but is well worth it if the current aint to strong.. always get busted up by solid fish out there and always bring home a heap of solid reefies - no shit fish out there mate...

i fish the muds and the hards heaps..i am based at noosa so its not as far as mooloolaba. its a great place to fish if the currents not to strong....always bring home quality fish..if the currents roaring its a long way home!!!