Thread: B Banks 30th

B Banks 30th

left Mooloolaba 5pm Sat for spot X # into a NE wind & small swell, not the best of trips out #>.
    Anyhow started fishing at 6.45pm for 1 pearl perch then nothing. No bites & couldn't loose a bait so we moved to 80-100m depths, still nothing over the next few hours so we rotated from chairs to bunk.
    4.30am Sun moved 6 miles back to spot X, anchored up & started to see some action. Ended up with a good feed of 15 snapper (lost a few), 3 P-perch, wrasse, 1 sweetlip & some parrot. We had 4 battles with some lump which lasted from 5mins up to 20+. , this thing liked a size 10 hook with a flank of Iodine Bream. I told Col to get rid of that useless 80lb briad & go for some real line.
    some pics to follow.

Re: B Banks 30th

I cried when I let this go.

i wish they were mine

It doesn't matter what size line you use, you just can't seem to shift the plug.
    It happens to all of us and i bet we've all tried to pull the plug once or twice.

the lot, see out board for the 2 we shared with the man in Grey

Well done Snap .... bagout of snapper is a top effort and sounds like you had to hang in there for a while to get them.

Cheers,

Mark

Congrats snap for a big effort on staying out on a overnighter...... Were you north or south on the Banks. Good catch
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love the pictures of half snapper! Looks like you had locked horns with something serrious in that first picture! Well done!

Mitch

rocket

I'm wonder how fisheries would go if you kept an extra snapper?!?!? I reckon that the two halves should only count for one!!! Let's see 10 snapper each all bitten in half would make for a great catch.

Just thinking aloud ... well done guys!!!

Ended up with a good feed in the end. Looks like a solid fish your locked up. How was the conditions for the night out there?

Good feed there Snap...glad to hear we weren't the only ones drowning pillies on the banks on 29/10!

Hello spiro, we were mid to north end of the banks, 27nm NE of Mooloolaba.

620f: i thought conditions were a bit sh*t, wind blew 10-12's till morning, seems worse when nothings biting.

rocket: if we had caught 17 we were going to bring the half's home, surely you would be right with that

Snap,

Very well done. I was ecstatic catching 3. It would have been fun to have a go at what ever took a bite out of the two half snappers. Next time your heading out let me know.

LAUTER

nice effort snap,
    do you all sleep at once or does
    one person stay up and keep an eye
    out for ships? good hall of snaps
    dale