Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deep sea monsters

Point_Blank

Deep sea monsters

gday guys

i went for a bit of a fish today to revisit the deepsea bottom bashing grounds in 300fathoms. although the fishing was slow we ended up with a couple got a 75lb and a 40lb hapuka and a 25ld blue eyed trevella. we use electric reels to save our arms from the 600mtr wind up and 130lb braid with mullet fillets for bait. atleast the weather was good

cheers
    benny j

Point_Blank

Re: Deep sea monsters

one of the hapuka

Point_Blank

the big hapuka!

come on benny thought the saltiga and a few chaos jigs would have been dropped down and given a run

top fish have to give that a go some day

cheers matt

Awsome fish benny, 600mt id be using leccy reels aswell, top fish, where did u leave from?

I've never got into water that deep but I'd love to give it a go.
    Are those big buggers any good to eat?
    What else do you get out there?.....

Point_Blank

matt
    yeh mate we had a jig later on in closer but the current was screamin so we didnt give it much of a go

scott
    we left from the southport seaway

rabbitohbill
    yeh they are quite nice to eat, not as good as pearlies but
    we also catch orange ruffie, gem fish and other weird things

How much is the charter?

Point_Blank

scott
    nah mate no charter this is just a private boat which i fish on and since the marlin arnt on yet we thought we might go have some fun.

benny j

some monter of a fish
    great fishing gear to

cheers pete

Hi BennyJ, just got myself a new electric, same as the one in your photo. Love droppin baits down out there but hate the long wind up. Cant wait to try my new reel. I normally use large livies or jigs out in 150 fathoms looking for BIG Bar cod or Harpuka-they taste great.
    You've jogged my memory and got me real keen again, thanks.
    "May your ratchet keep screamin"
    www.ausfish.com.au/bpc

hey benny that looks very interesting brett (brejen ) and i also use the seaway however this electric reel business has me going.being a typical lazy fisherman i might just look into the purchase of one or two ...what sort of dollars would i be looking to invest in such an outfit ?
    terry
    Cheers Tezza

Some Big uns there Bendrik see you battling to lift them up, need to exercise more, maybe you should use a reel and let the other guys use the electric.

Me and Sharky want to give it a go out here sometime, just to find the time.
    Some top fish there bud congrats.

So Doggy is back home. How did he go up in the Whitsundays or coming back through Fraser? Are they Tony's or Rob's reels on Mark's boat? How far off is Tony's big Riv. Saw those pictures Danny and Cooky took of you on Andiamo from last year. They are awesome.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]Totally awesome Benny.