Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Point Lookout - Wahoooooooooooooo

Re: Point Lookout - Wahoooooooooooooo

Nice effort guys. Looks like it is time to dust off some lures.

Mark

Ah Splinter size Wahoo. That is what I would expect for this time of years so those big ones out at Hutchies are a good surprise. Imagine how big they are going to be come April/May if they get on a good paddock of Slimeys and Jelly Bean Mack Tuna.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefmaster
    We crossed the bar and headed for the group while trolling hex heads
    i was refering to these

Sportfish_5

Top work guys, got a few things on my list for this season and a hoo is on the top

Greg did you have a troll over the sevens? What was the temp like? Smithy you got me wishing summer away already and I haven't got my first 'Brisbane'summer spanish yet.

Great report greg! Did the tuna get hit??? What colours were your trolling on the hex heads?

Good fish and looks like a good season ahead for you guys down there!

Shane

Top work guys, [smiley=thumbsup.gif] hopefully that is a good sign for the upcoming season.

Greg, can't believe you were out in that well done regardless'

Nice one greg and brook any spews?
    Gee that tub of yours is lucky i reckon it wouldn't be the first time evry rod's gone off!
    Good stuff,.
    cheers birdy.

Fisher_Boats

Good one guys #[smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Going to try and get the lads into a few on the weekend,
    hope the weathers not too shitty.

Cheers Col

PS smile brooky

Thanks for the comments guys

Dave we surprised ourselves by still going out in the crappy conditions

CJ- Like you say all the signs are there -bait and lots of birds working but not alot of big feeders around. It looks like a waiting game for the bigger fish to move in and hear the reels scream.

Mad-Fisherman- I will send you a PM

Chemmy- The hex heads were medium size and only used when we were travelling to the desired spot at a fast speed. We did have a smaller one out while trolling 4 hard bodys when the 4 way hook up occured and the hex head didn't get hit but the speed may have been too slow for that lure to work on the hoo

mjc85- Wahoo are not bad if bleed and put on ice straight away. Some say they taste better then Mackerel and some say they don't. All i know is that it don't even come close to Red Emporer.

Smithy- I been surprised of the big wahoo been taken of late myself but they stayed clear from us although we did get a big run which sounded like a solid hoo. We settled for the smaller hoo considering how dead it was.

Doug- Did we troll over the sevens? - well i think we did about 50km of trolling just on the sevens itself without a touch- It had alot of bait on those pinnacles but we didn't turn a reel there. Very strange as i thought if hoo are going to be around then that would the spot we would find them. Water temp was 24.5 degree's

Shane- I took the tuna off not long after hook up and kept it alive and if i got another i would have rig them up and trolled them. Didn't see no real point in trolling one bait around. Hex head colours were light pink/ light purple and also dark pink/ dark purple.

Paul- The conditions were bloody terrible and we didn't even have rain coats and with the wind blowing hard we couldn't get out of the rain. I think i was shivering for about an hour or so but i dryed out later. ( The pics looked good and it does'nt even look rough) Atleast when we hooked up it stopped raining so we couldn't complain to much.

Roota- No spews for Brook this trip and even the last 4 or 5 trips he hasn't had a spew. He got off the Kwells and now takes Travel calm. (spelling) He is now not the spew master. That boat has had more double, triple, quaddroople and what ever 5 way hook up means then you could poke a stick at.

Regards Greg

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

Col- i hope the weather is not to crappy for a trip and the boys get amoung them speedsters. Brook smile- you gotta be kidding.

Regards Greg

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

Good stuff Greg. So q is should the new rig chase pelagics in the next few weeks or bottom bash.... hoooooeeeee. Thanks for your report and good luck col. Look forward to your report and picks mate.

Top effort there mate would of gone through some fuel.

redspeckle

well done we all know what having for [smiley=chef.gif] dinner nice fish [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] their
    Reefmaster what you decided to have a change of fishing grounds from the wide bay bar to go over the south passage bar amity channel would have not so nice to you's [smiley=huh2.gif]

Mitch