Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cairns - Vlassoff reef lure session

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

Re: Cairns - Vlassoff reef lure session

Mad, I mainly use deep diving minnows like Mad mullets and Deep Bombers, though SP's work just as well. It's more to do with location than anything else (ie GBR).

Daniel, no probs, was good to meet you. Always keen for a trip (looks like that boat of yours could do with a fish-blood christening!)

cheers,

steve

ye i know ..its too clean. I just got a 178c garmin on ebay today. like yours i think you mentioned in one of the chats. it will prob take 2 weeks to arrive. but well worth the savings) especially when i need other things like bimbini, live bait tank,more rod holders ,big eskie seat,vhs radio,etc.... santas come early this year
    il let you know when i got the gps and we will go.
    daniel

oh if you wana try a hand at salt fly fishn ,i have a 10weight up for a few tuna etc... might be something diff for you
    daniel

Some nice fish you got there Steve, conditions look great! Did you get the tuna by spinning slugs?

great fishing there steve [smiley=thumbsup.gif] - must pack the baitcaster for the next trip out.

nice fish mate [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    makes our catches down here pale in comparison

cheers
    jason
    ... i only work to support my fishing addiction.....

thanks guys, yeah the tuna were caught on slugs (gillies). #I got a fair bit of action on video - here's a snap from where the barracuda bit my tuna. #If I didn't see it happen I would have thought it was a shark

cheers,

steve

Thats an awesome pic of the cuta chasing the mack tuna. How big do you reckon he would have been? Looks like awesome fun luring the reefs.
    Matt

I reckon the barracuda would have been at least six feet long. Here's another snap taken from my video. What was left of the tuna weighed 4kg.

cheers,

steve