Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morteon Sat and Point Lookout Mon Arvo

Morteon Sat and Point Lookout Mon Arvo

Saturday headed out to hutchies in the morning and then down to the coffee rocks in the arvo. Picked up a few parrots, a cod, jobbie, tuskie and trevelly then a few crays (almost getting sick of them ). Then monday arvo headed out off point lookout in a howling swestr. As soon as we got out there the whole place erupted and for 3 hours there were flying fish everywhere and when they landed were getting eaten by yellows,striped and mack tuna. I thought they were flocks of birds at first. We had 6 land in the boat and while in the water had them sticking to us for protection. I managed to spear one little yellowfin( a first) and we saw a few others and Brett lost a big wahoo when his spearline parted. Flyingfish were an awesome sight and that will be burned in my memory. Pity we had no rods and lures. Then punched back across the bay in about 20knots of almost westerly crap. Still was a nice bday present.
    Cheers all Doug

Re: Morteon Sat and Point Lookout Mon Arvo

first yellow rocket

Saturdays effort

Bretts trevelly (African Pompano- thats what my yank mates call them?)

More crays....

twodogsfishing

F*&% me.....have a go at the cray on the top left....is the one on the bottom left a painted cray....unusual colours (not that im a cray expert ) All those tuskies are good sized too...i guess thats what beautiful about being able to pick and choose your targets

well done guys, i've never speared before and have no intention to but i absolutlely love reading your threads

thanks

complety mad jumping out of a perfectly good boat haven't yous heard about sharks
    you guys must have the lungs and the balls to do it, thats a great feed of fish and crays

Top effort mate! Some good tucker there!

thats crazy, but what a catch

Great catch there. Also have never tried spearfishing, however would love to one day. how good a swimmer/snorkeller do you have to be to give it a decent go???. Have snorkelled a fair bit. Great report

how many yfin are out there atm doug

That is a massive trevally how much did it weigh?

Jay Jay
    Go mighty Broncos

Go Wallabies

TIM-DONSELAAR

nice catch there fellas...Well Done [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

cheers tim

Good stuff.... & an awesome catch of crays.
    I don't how u can eat em .

Bugman can smell a catch of crays at 100 k ...so Don't forget to drop one off to him !!

Cheers

>Anyone can catch fish with a speargun,Try using a hook like the rest of us > >