Good for you FB,

Maybe see you at the Fraser Comp one year

Cheers

Rhys
    ><((((º>.¸.•'´¯)

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved, Gabriel Marcel

Re: Flamin Riptide at Fraser Island Fishing Expo

Thanks Rhys (and others) for the info.

Too far out yet for me to able to confirm leave from work, but jeepers it looks like a great trip to do.

Still a bit concerned about towing nearly 3 ton along the beach on a trailer with standard type 14" wheels though.

I can't get bigger wheels in under the guards so I might seriously look at puting together a removable lazy axle to make it tri-axle for beach work. Had a good look under the trailer and it would be quite easy to put a quick change axle on slippers in front or behind the current tandem.

- Darren #

WHATS THE WEBSITE FOR RIPE TIDE BOATS?
    True Blue Aussie Mate!

BAIT_MAN

Rhys my old Rovex mate did you here about the #"The head of the extreme green anti-fishing mob (that was responsible for the banning of horses in Nat parks and forests) was getting down out of a tree that looked out over the nat parks when a Frogmoutth owl attacked her for being near her nesting site.

In a panic to escape she slid down the tree, getting splinters in her crotch. In pain she staggers to the nearest doctor, and in the exam room told him who she was and how she got the splinters.

The doctor listened with great patience and told her to wait and he will be back.....Three hours later he returned and she spewed out "where the hell have you been"

He smiled and said "well, I had to get permits from the EPA ,the Forestry Service ,Nat Parks ,Rural Fire and the conservation of land managment before i could remove old groth timber from an unused recreational area.....Im sorry they turned me down".

The moral to the story dont piss off a fisherman. #You never know what job they might have!

Regards Shane

Rhys, great report mate and it was great to meet yourself and the rest of your crew. Sorry it took so long to get back to you but I have been away since the comp and just got home yesterday. I wont worry about posting any of my pics as yours more than do justice for anyone considering doing the comp next year. With a report like that we will have to make sure we book early to get into the 1500. Hope to catch you for a trip to the banks area soon.

Lee
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Rhys,

Thanks for the PM with the info mate, has certainly given me some food for thought .

Cheers,

Jeff