Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Flamin Riptide at Fraser Island Fishing Expo

Re: Flamin Riptide at Fraser Classic

Great Stuff Dave, Have a great week, see you when you get back....
    ><((((º>.¸.•'´¯)

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved, Gabriel Marcel

Well what a week.
    I think myself and foxy were a little unsure on the way up how the week would pan out considering we were both fishing with crews we had barely spoken to before but it turned out better then ever thought.

Although i was fishing with another crew i did spend a bit of time with the Flamin Riptide boys and a big thanks goes to Rhys and Johnny for all they did and offered me during the week.( Bacon & Eggs and the lamb shanks meal were just fantastic ) Couldn't have met a better bunch of guys if i tried and it was like i was part of their crew all week.

Thanks Lads look forward to many more fishing trips with you.

Regards Greg

The boys with some Red

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

Fantastic report Rhys. Thanks for all the photos fellas. Scotty.

That storie makes me want to book now for next year.There is exceptional fishing to be had up there and by the looks of things you guys got to sample some of it,let alone the fact that your un reelax and fishing mode for a whole weekl[ah heaven].WELDONEEEE Ive fished with complete strangers before but we share the same passion for what we are doing and i think that is what makes the differance and we can learn from one another.TIGHT LINES OUTWIDE1

Flamin Riptide at Fraser Classic

Good to get to know you up there Greg...hope to do it all again...thanks for the pic...

Cheers

Rhys
    ><((((º>.¸.•'´¯)

Well done fella's looks like you had a top time with fish to boot maybe next year for me Rhys
    Top catch of fish to!!!!
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I tell you what Chris, it was really worth it in more ways than one. The fishing was great, but the event itself brings together some of the most committed fishos around...the learning never ceased. Needed an antenna to sift out the shite from the cream sometimes though.

It was hard on our gear....sheared the pivot pin on the extended draw bar one retrieve and sheared the bolts on the second to rear roller pack on the trailer, one on the way in and the other on the way out...but we did most things really well and easily...that's what you get with a good crew...

There were heaps of bloopers on the beach though. One poor bugger dropped his boat on the sand two days in a row. We saw some folk in all sorts of bother but there always appeared to be plenty of people around to pithc in and help after the laughing stopped!!!! One bloke had his 4by so stuck it had sucked itself into the wash and I can tell you he was getting more than a little nervous.

The Cruise Craft boys attempted to snatch a stuck 4by out and ended up with a shackle rocketing back at them smashing its way through the tailgate and exploding a deep cycle battery that was there for the frig...they were very lucky no one was hurt. In fact I didn't hear of any serious disasters that caused injury all week.

Hope to see you there next year Chris

Cheers

Rhys

><((((º>.¸.•'´¯)

Well done guys, great read and awesome pics.

Muz
    Tight Lines

BAIT_MAN

Rhys

Mate i heard someone got the migthy ROVEX

Yeah Shano,

Some jealous bugger decided they didn't want me to take the comp out on it so they swiped it!!! Then it mysteriously showed up that same night...you wouldn't know anything about it would you???? Hmmm????

The lads had a minutes silence, caps off, looking at the empty space in the rocket launcher that day.

What a hoot

Cheers mate

Rhys

><((((º>.¸.•'´¯)

BAIT_MAN

Quote Originally Posted by revs57
    Yeah Shano,

Some jealous bugger decided they didn't want me to take the comp out on it so they swiped it!!! Then it mysteriously showed up that same night...you wouldn't know anything about it would you???? Hmmm????

The lads had a minutes silence, caps off, looking at the empty space in the rocket launcher that day.

What a hoot

Cheers mate

Rhys
    Mate JB & Foxy put me up to it. Got to say it was funny the next morning at 4:30 am with you say at the top off you lungs WHO STOLE MY ROVEX. Had to laugh.

nice work fellas!
    True Blue Aussie Mate!

Well done sounds like a great week very nice fish i'll have to get up there one day love the look of those reds.

Cheers pete....

The fishing is great but it's the mateship that makes the event so good.
    Catching up with old friends and making new ones - that's the highlight for me.

Dave &gt;&lt;&gt;

Ahhh the plot thickens, thought there was more to the story...the guys were too consoling...but I'm glad I woke you up Shano...I figured if it had really been swiped the whole lot would've gone!!!

You're dead right Dave...the mateship is what the trip was all about...and I've certainly come back with more friends. The event, the fish and all is all just extra's...but quality extras at that

Cheers

Rhys
    ><((((º>.¸.•'´¯)