Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cobes,crays and coffee rock wahoo!

Re: Cobes,crays and coffee rock wahoo!

Great report Doug !!!!!!! Did you free dive or use tanks ? Jimmy

Hey Doug great read mate, I'm not much of a spearfisherman myself but was recently on a holiday at Ascension Island where I met some hard core blokes. They were from London spearfishing club, we became friends after the 10 days there & I managed a trip out with them in there boat. It was a real eye opener watching & listening to what they talked about & techneques that they used on certain fish. One of the guys Paolo, speared a world record Big Eye Tuna during our stay in the same spot a massive Tiger shark ate a 30kg yellow fin. My hat is off to you blokes & that crazy sport, I think I'll stay inside the boat!
    It was a fantastic destination to visit & I'm sure you will be reading more about it soon as its fast becomming a red hot destination for Europe.
    Cheers
    Toppy

My pleasure fellas!
    Brett loves filming so he is happy to film all day and not pull the trigger. I'm happy to take my turn as I enjoy watching someone stalk a fish as much as I love doing it myself.
    Jimmy- we only freedive as in QLd and most other states except WA spearfishing on tanks is illegal and in my opinion impractical anyhow.
    Toppy- I know some of the blokes from that club and dived in the solomons with on of them. A mates mate was on that trip. We have dived solomons, fiji, new zealand and all up the east coast and the diving off brisbane is about as good as you can get. We get all the cooler fish species eg kingfish,jews,snapper and also all the tropical fish species eg trout,parrotfish and then the pelagics such as wahoo,tuna,sailfish,marlin,mahi mahi,cobia all of which we have speared right on our doorstep, then 5 hours drive north and we are on the GBR.
    Its easy to take for granted what a diverse fishery we have right here.
    Off to our local chinese restuarant tonight for a feast of crays in salt n pepper,tiawanese style, ginger and pepper, cheese and blackbean then some honey chilli moari cod all for $15 a head - its a tough life
    cheers doug

Slient

[smiley=tekst-toppie.gif] You made my mouth open and loved all underwater pic's
    Those Crayfish looks so easy to pick up...

happy fishing
    Silent

Couldnt agree with you more about our back yard, we are very lucky.

Spear fishing or Blue water hunting, the best way to meet and understand fish i think...

Love your work .... well done

crays fish and rum
    what a mix

pete

Ausfish Silver Member

Hi Doug,

love the report-awesome photos- sounded a great day- thankyou for the report/photos

cheers

lew

how good is that

awesommmmmme pics and even betta catch well done!

wayne_cook

great underwater shots
    by the smiles u luv it
    thanks for sharing
    bear

Petenoosa

AWESOME PICTURES there mate...

Nick_Currey

Great pictures, and you plugged some nice fish. Good to see the Whoo are still around

NC

Doug is your mate from coffs & is he the friend of Colin the Sth African who does the guiding for Ascension. I know what you mean about the variety of fish species here, we are extremely lucky!
    I have included a photo of Colin in Ascension with a lure caught Black Jack Trevally.
    Cheers
    Toppy

sorry for the side image I just can't get it to stay upright with this program.

Jeez Doug you sure do know who to find a good feed. Brilliant photo's again for us to see under the water.
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]