Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cobes,crays and coffee rock wahoo!

Cobes,crays and coffee rock wahoo!

Its been a record six weeks without a dive. Have been working up in dysart on a mining housing development, so money's good but lack of boat time is definately not good. Headed out from scarborough at about 6am and went straight to a small wreck off the top of moreton and in no time had two nice cobia. The cobia hang around on the sand or around any rays as you will see in the photos. Dove some other spots but there was no current so was not many fish around, still managed a 12kg kingie and a moari cod and estuary cod. At about 10:30 went to the coffee rocks and got 10 nice size crays. Brett was filming and taking photos all day and had just put the camera away when we got our last cray. He was beside me on the surface trying to get the cray off the spear when between 25-30 wahoo ranging from 20kg up to one 30kg swam in behind us. I only had a cray gun so I screamed at my dad to chuck a 1.5m gun and rig over. By the time I hade loaded up they were cruising off so I started after them. After chasing them for about 5 mins they turned across in front of me and I had a long range shot and plugged one about 20kgs. The spear must have been resting on his spine because he did not run hard and in 5mins he was in the boat. The image of that many wahoo in 15m of water is burned in my brain, it topped off a great day to be on (or in) the water.
    Cheers all Doug

Re: Cobes,crays and coffee rock wahoo!

wahoo again

crays

cobia1

cobia2

cobia3

cobe school

batfish

crays in a crack

my two cobes

Awesome shots Doug!

last one me coming up

Awesome crays there Doug. Those underwater shots are brilliant. Always love reading your reports.

Regards
    Craig.

WOW awesome pics mate. keep the mcoming with ur next outings

nice catch also

jim_farrell

Great shots mate. Must be hard to be on camera duties with that much action around.