Thread: no takers eh/

mick_ward

no takers eh/

G`day felas,
    Cant believe nobody has an an opinon wether or not we are going to be washed away this summer by rain.
    I don`t think the goings on of the kakadu crocs will affect the weather in nsw,but then again I thought that dog on the beach wouldn`t #bite either.
    cheers

Re: no takers eh/

Mick,
    went for a fish yesterday and saw a few migratory birds. Every year certain species come down from PNG for the wet. May be a sign like the crocs in Kakadu, or they may be lost!!!
    I have heard a few stories about pelecans congregating at Lake Eyre supposedly before big rain, haven't heard of, or read any scientific data to back this up.
    Dazza

mick_ward

G`day Dazza,
    There must be something to it mate, to the aboriginals this comes as second nature,they have known these things for thousands of years,and when you think about it you very seldom see indiginous ozzies,siiting on a roof waiting for a helicopter to save them do you.
    The pelicans are another one of those marvels of nature as well,Iwonder how they just seem to know?,I wonder if it has anything to do with atmospheric Pressure and things like that,but I suppose untill pelicans can talk mate ,`we`ll never know.
    cheers
    mick

Mick,
    don't know much about the wether or the crocs mate, but the pelicans always go inland each year to bread and raise their young.
    If ya think about it, have you ever seen a baby pelican on the coast. I havn't.

cheers
    pockets

mick_ward

Quote Originally Posted by pockets
    Mick,
    don't know much about the wether or the crocs mate, but the pelicans always go inland each year to bread and raise their young.
    If ya think about it, have you ever seen a baby pelican on the coast. I havn't.

cheers
    pockets
    G`day Pockets,
    You my good gellow,have made a mystery to me, a mystery no more.
    My daughter asked me that same question some months ago,and I have to admitI couldn`t answer it, but as with all things that puzzle us,I thought about it for some time,and was finally distracted by something else.
    Mate how simple was that,of course they go somewhere to breed,and of course the inland waters would be ideal when you come to think about it,but I wish some of them mothers would teach these juveniles not to sever the fingers when being fed by a well wishing angler like me.
    I have a juvenile pelican that seems to know when he spots me,that I`m gunna be throwing a fair bit of stuff back into the river or surf,and rather than have him do a tripple summersault into my fishing space,I often feed him a coupple of whiting,and because he is so tame,he will take them from your hand,which enduces fits of giggles from my grand daughter and gives me a great sense of contentment.
    Naure is a wonderful thing mate isn`t it?.
    mick