Thread: Northern NSW 4wd Beach Permits?

Northern NSW 4wd Beach Permits?

??? ??? ???
    - Do they exist?
    - Chance of obtaining one?
    - Will you be fined if you're on the beach and you don't have
    one?

.... A good friend told me that he was on the beach south of Kingscliff and the ranger was only interested in his fishing licence, and told him that he can drive on the beach as long as he didn't go hooning around.

.... Some locals swear that you will be fined, other locals swear that you won't.

- Any info would be great!
    Cheers......Zorba

Re: Northern NSW 4wd Beach Permits?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba
    ??? ??? ???
    - Do they exist?
    - Chance of obtaining one?
    - Will you be fined if you're on the beach and you don't have # #
    # one?

.... A good friend told me that he was on the beach south of Kingscliff and the ranger was only interested in his fishing licence, and told him that he can drive on the beach as long as he didn't go hooning around.

.... Some locals swear that you will be fined, other locals swear that you won't.

- Any info would be great!
    Cheers......Zorba
    Go to Iluka northern NSW for Chrissy every year and down there they will definately fine you $100 if you are driving on the beach without a permit.....won't be long we will need one on the highway.....your government...we're here to help

Re: Northern NSW 4wd Beach Permits?

I looked into this last year. I'm in the surf at Kingscliffe - Cabarita a fair bit. Sad news...You need to apply to Tweed Shire Council but have to be a resident. Even then it's a lucky draw - rare as hen's teeth. Haven't heard of anyone being fined - you might get away with it if you behave and don't upset anyone, but could be a costly gamble. Not as much though as having your car done over in the car park.