Thread: Lake Macquarie - any good spots?

Lake Macquarie - any good spots?

Hi,

I am planning on going up to lake macquarie in 2 weeks time and have never fished this lake before. I will have access to a small boat that i will be able to fish from inside the lake. Can someone tell me any hotspots or any locations in the lake where i should try? What bait should i use? Also, i wouldn't mind trying to catch some crabs, where should i try?

All help would be greatly appreciated,

Mark

Cremated_Reddog

Re: Lake Macquarie - any good spots?

Hiya Mark, for starters what end of the lake are you going to If you are down south west end of lake then try the inlet to Eraring power station... if you use the little boat you got go to the bay that feeds the inlet which is in Bonnells Bay, tie uo to the yellow boys that block you from getting into inlet with boats and use live black crabs late afternoon and early mornings. You can also put pots out for crabs on the way in to this spot..you can't substitute live bait, if you take the time to gather your bait you will catch fish there... you can also try the hot water outlet but are suppose to only eat 2.6 fish a week from there.. if you are after leatherjacket try the swansea bridge, tie up to bridge on the lake side and drop a peeled cooked prawn near where the big water pipe goes into the water...

hope this helps a little

Re: Lake Macquarie - any good spots?

Hi,
    It's big lake. which i haven't fished a lot but there's the dropoff which is where the channel from the ocean(Swansea)drops off into the lake. Too many boats put he fish down, if you hang late or get there early
    good. Get a map off waterways which shows the arificial reefs, might be a bit earlt but deep trolling gets some big tailor. Crabs, yes, heard there always there, used to get a lot but I'd drop mine east of Pulbah close to the land and wouldn't leave them unattended.
    Cheers
    Muzza