Thread: Weather forecast

adriancorrea

Weather forecast

Does anyone know what the weather is going to be like this weekend (18-19 May) or do I have to wait to closer to the weekend?
    Where does everyone get their forecast ?

CHRIS_aka_GWH

Re: Weather forecast

...fine with the chance of showers; moderate winds but gusts may be up to 40% higher than predicted, swell small but ....
    Good luck adrian, maybe the big guy (n.b. that's God not Harro), logs onto Ausfish when there's nothin' happening elsewhere, he may know - I've heard he's good with floods etc.
    Ourselves we've tried to learn how to read the synoptic weather chart. We'll then log into the weather bureau about 2 or three days out for a prediction & do this up to the day we are going out to see if it is following prediction. On the day, we'll take hourly readings from our home barometer to see if the barometric pressure is increasing or decreasing & #we then get the live weather station readings north & south of our intended destination to see what pattern the weather is following on the day.
    We then go out regardless!! Staying dry is a bonus.

mick

CHRIS_aka_GWH

mmm, that looks like good, positive mangrove jack weather to me mick,
    chris

imported_admin

Hi

Have a look at this page http://www.ausfish.com.au/weather.html has links to BOM - Plenty of different sections, weather outlooks, Boating, Satelite images etc, etc.

Not sure what state you are in, if in Brisbane watch channel 7 news on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Brownies Coast Watch is on at the end of the news with the weekend out look for fishing and boating.

adriancorrea

Hey mick is that your prediction for the weekend
    thanks guys Ill have a look at some of these sites
    I already look at a site but just wanted to see what everybody uses, You cant have enough information and the weather is not to be mucked around with.
    thanks again guys
    Cheers
    Adrian

I use www.bom.gov.au

very good