Thread: 10th trip - Beach Fishing

10th trip - Beach Fishing

Guys,

Had an idea for this weekend's trip that I thought I'd fly with others for any interest.

I've always wanted to surf fish the beaches on South Straddie so I was thinking of maybe heading the boat over to the Bedrooms on Saturday. We could walk across and catch the low tide. Grab some sandworms and whiting fish until dark.

Back to the camp for the BBQ - then back to the bedrooms for Tailor fishing under the cover of darkness. Back to the camp after a bucket full for a nap and maybe even head back to the surf for some more whiting on Sunday.

In reality probably wouldn't do that many trips but it's all possible.

Anyone keen on doing some beach fishing? I haven't got a partner on board now so there's plenty of room and I could provide a shuttle service for others that we couldn't fit on one trip.

Anyway give me your thoughts. Just something different from sitting in the boat for a while. (I'm still having nightmares about Noosa.)

Bugman

PS Maybe I could finally catch my big jew.

Re: 10th trip - Beach Fishing

Bugman,

Sounds like a good idea but from my experiances, there is too much food for the fish in that spot (100000s of pipis) but ive only tried twice, so maybe it was just wrong conditions. Ive seen a few big bream and Dart cought over there.

But ill just wait and see what others think, i might be in that, depends what my uncle wants to do aswell ( coz im in his boat )

What do others think?

anyway i must go, im off to get some firewood for this trip

Hi Bugman, sounds like a good idea mate. I would'nt mind going over for a fish to chase some Tailor. If you come up with a definate time can you post it and i will let you know if I am in or not.

It sounds as though not many are too keen about the beach fishing.

It was just a thought but I'm still tossing up whether I should go.

I think low tide is about 4:00pm so if we got over to the bedroom at 2:30-3:00 to grab pippis and worms that would be the best.

That would give us time earlier on to help with the setting up of the camp etc.

We could fish the incoming tide for Tailor.

How does that sit with you Dom.

bugman