Thread: ??Byron Bay Fishing Tips??

Finnie

??Byron Bay Fishing Tips??

G'day All,

It looks as if I will be sneaking up to Byron Bay with some friends for a weekend pretty soon. Although I'll be with a lot of non-fishers (well, at least until I get hold of 'em!), myself and a mate will try to get some fishing in.

Has anyone got any shorebased locations that are worth a try, and baits, techniques etc that might go along with these.

Not asking anyone to give away their favourite location, but never having been there before a starting point would help heaps.

Cheers,
    Finnie

Re: ??Byron Bay Fishing Tips??

A good place to start looking is around broken head/ 7 mile beach. You can fish all the usual rock spots at byron such as the bream hole and the stepping stones but I usually head further south to get away from the surfers/hippies if it is the weekend. If you have a 4wd you are allowed to drive up 7 mile beach from
    lennox head. there is often good tailor water at the far north of the beach near the rocks, try spinning or pillies here on dusk for a late season chopper, also bream, trevally and jew. however most of my fave rock spots you have to walk in from the broken head road. if you can find some nice white foamy water you should be able to pick up a bream or two. failing that try the beach in front of the broken head camping ground for whiting or dart. hope this helps and have fun, wish i was going, northern nsw is definitely one of my fave areas.

Mate

Take a short drive up to Brunswick Heads. Good tailor fishing off the seaway walls. Also good fishing along the beaches if you can find a goos gutter.

Cheers

AJ

Finnie

Thanks for the tips,

Heading up there tomorrow early. Might be a little restricted with transport since I'm travelling in a friends car, but I'll still jam some fishing in close to where we camp. Catch you all next week. I'll post a report when I get back.

Cheers,
    Finnie