Thread: A Day to Remember

A Day to Remember

I am still trying to come to terms with what has happened on our doorstep in Bali.

Although, I have not lost anyone personally or know anyone in particular that has been injured or killed, I feel a sadness that I have never felt before.

I am not angry, I am not afraid. I am in disbelief. When this tragedy finally sinks in, my feelings will become more apparent.

The Government of our " Lucky " country has declared this Sunday, Our day of 'Grief' for the victims of Bali.

As an Ausfish member, I urge all of you to just wear a black arm band on Sunday, as a show of support to our fellow Aussies that have become a victim of this Evil.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

gruntahunter

Re: A Day to Remember

Well said Phil, nowlets stop this political bullshit with the united nations and seek, locate and destroy these terrorist bastards once and for all before they do it HERE.

Hi Phil,

As many surfers before me, I have been to Bali and spent some wild nights in the Sari Club. On any given night, fully half the patrons are Aussies. I know what you mean about being numb - personally September 11 was all the shock I could deal with. This is just an extension of the new world order.

I am sorry to say that I am certain this is definitely not going to be the last time our lives and our freedom to live as we choose are violated or destroyed.

But - we will go on. Like it or not we are at war. It is not a war of our choosing, but evil people want us to die. We must defend ourselves and our families.

It will not be guns or bombs that will win us this war though. It is the belief that our way of life is right. That we are right to live the way we do that will overcome the evil. It is going to be the struggle of our childrens generation - like the cold war was won by my elders. It is going to take many years and sacrifice and I am sorry to say blood, before we are done.

I abhor violence - it is alien to me. But I will LIVE my life by the principles that my parents and my country have taught me. For my childrens sake - we must win this struggle by being the best human beings we can be.

Thanks Phil for having the courage to bring this up. My condolences go to the freinds and families at this time of tragedy.

Regards
    Steve.

Jack_Lives_Here

It's sad and a shame that it takes an event such as this, to wake the Australian public and Government out of it's sense of "Safety by Isolation" mentallity.
    Aussie citizens and have become targets. It's important the Government gathers all the information before a response is made. When they do though, it needs to be with it's teeth, not half hearted. > > >
    Condolences to the families and partners who have lost loved ones.

I am also in a state of disbelief. I cannot comprehend what goes through the minds of the people that commit such attrosititys. I don't understand how they have been brought into the world thinking that killing is a way of life, not a choice.
    I do understand that something must be done, and if this is to be WW3 then god help us all.
    My condolances to the people affected by this lastest attack on humanity. I too, like alot of people have been to Bali's Kuta beach. It is so close to us it is home. They deliberatly attacked this place as they could do their "wam bam where out of here man" thing and disappear again. They knew that a similar attack to the September 11 would not work as people are on the look out for this now. They also know of Australias involvement in the crusade against terror and knowingly hit somewhere alot of Australians could be without even entering the country.
    Its a real shame that people can do these sort of things.

Members , please do not assume I am in any way making 'light' of this
    Attack on Mankind (globally) ,o.k.

We should certainly i.e. N-O-W station 20~30+ "lookouts" on our northern seas ......not specifically navy , there is certainly some 'hotshot,topshelf Fisheries boats 'cruising around......FACT!!

Maybe search some illegal poachers ,maybe a $1000 ocean-liner

BUT ,we could b-e-t-t-e-r INTERCEPT....by sea ,anyways.

X ya eyes,toes,fingers regards airports

Just my POV ,nothing more ,serious stuff

Regards
    Gazza

Ausfish Addict

That we are right to live the way we do that will overcome the evil
    not sticking up for these buggers but they feel the same way..western persecution etc..they beleive they have the right to break away from their fundalmentalist faith to extremist faith..and see westerners as a way of stopping that. in a way i feel really sorry for em..but nothing that a nuke will fix eh
    cheers.

Surprise??? Not on your life. We are fooling ourselves and being delusional if we continue to maintain the "Ozzy perspective" She'll be right - it won't happen to us" - Bullshit!
    Sorry but we are vulnerable and we are accessible. When are we going to learn that we are are open to violence and destruction, as crappy as that is that is reality. We do need to take a stand and not accept nor condone violence in any form - we are also not immune to it. We fight for our natural resources - how much more important is it to fight for our safety and future?
    I agree with Steve - we are at war and nothing is more important than our family and our home
    Protect and love each other and pray that we and our children will always be able to wake up and smell salt air and have the freedom to fish and live
    Stick together and beleive the world can be a better place!
    Scroman

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee
    but nothing that a nuke will fix eh
    cheers.
    We (the west) should not be the first to use the bomb.

All bets are off when that happens.

Steve.

the problem people have in general is to see the nationality or religion of some one who has done wrong and then to assume every one who falls under the same description is "evil". > when will people wake up. in relation to what happened in bali it is very tragic.

And the media are not really helping are they?
    Sensationalism.... and Social Wedging....

My thoughts are with Families and Friends..

Darryl.

Jack_Lives_Here

No bones about it - it's about religion and the extremes of the particular faiths. Some religions do not tolerate others - eg: Muslims killing Christians and vis versa, because they are of different faith. ??? ??? ??? Not something I understand.
    It's wrong > but these type of conflicts have been going on for thousands of years and they won't stop.
    It is the cowardice born of this conflict that sees civilians being the target. > > >

Like most others, I was shocked but not surprised. We are soft targets. If we sit back and do nothing, others will influence our lives and those of our children.
    I will be wearing a black armband on Sunday.
    After that however, we must take the initiative. The only defence against this sort of atrocity is to take the offensive. Vigilence and removal of the threat is the only defence.
    Religions are peaceful, muslim included. It is the radical individuals who must be identified and dealt with.
    Vern

Don't forget to give blood if you can. I've given my half litre. If your'e O- even more reason to share.
    Cheers Luke