Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ventured to the Dark Side

Re: Ventured to the Dark Side

Blaze...spent six months in Tassy in a little north coast hamlet of Sulphur creek. Worked in Spreyton.
    Magic part of Oz and have kept some fond memories of Tass.

Randall.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee
    Stevecan
    maybe cause we are just like country bumpkins still from the belke peterson rule who knows, but you cant walk down a main street in sydney and get the g'days and smiles you do up here, i moved to NSW and fished for a living for a while, and its dog eat dog, co-ops try to force you out of existence if you smile wrong, on a brighter note i did find the people around the tweed good to get on with, maybe too close to the Queensland border though but then i think the site will boil down to the administrator, steve is a fair guy and pulls people up when he sees the need, i respect that. thats my 2 bobs worth
    cheers.
    Mate you need to live in the top end, we take it one step further than you city boy queenslanders 9we are probably the oly lads who can get away with calling you lot city boys).

Even from my last trip to QLD you lot are friendly and better than all other but long way to go be for you can say your the relaxed state /territory cause we have the hold on cracking the tinny, kicking of the thongs and letting out one allmighty she'll b right!

I mean formal here in denim jeans, I aint never wore a tie in me life. Wear thongs to work, it dont get much better...

Sorry I did wear a tie last time I was in QLD actually, it was my first and I wore it fishing...

Out at B.P dam and my tie I ment business. If a darwin lad wears a tie he must be fishing...

Jack_Lives_Here

Or making his court appearance hey Muzzy.

Reckon Muzzy has a point,

We are a little provincial in Aussie land - I recall one time I was in Cairns working for six weeks. I walked into a pub to sample the local ale (as you do) and sitting next to me were a couple of old timers discussing the character flaws and general uptightness of 'Those Bloody Southerners' The conversation was extensive and vitriolic in a laid back kind of way. I found myself as a Brisbane boy and fellow Queenslander, agreeing in a philosophical way that indeed there were many faults with Mexicans in general.

I got the shock of my life and crept out of the joint when I realised that the 'Southerners' they were bitchin about - were from Townsville!

How big is your world?

Cheers
    Steve.

Jack_Lives_Here

Had a giggle at that one Steve.

Got your new Patrol yet??? Green with envy there. I'm up for a new company vehicle in about May next year. LUUUUV a patrol but i don't think the boss will come to the party. Gunna get a Turbo Diesel though.

the 4.2 Turbo patrol gets a intercooler as of Febuary 2003 shipment!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCan
    Reckon Muzzy has a point,

We are a little provincial in Aussie land - I recall one time I was in Cairns working for six weeks. I walked into a pub to sample the local ale (as you do) and sitting next to me were a couple of old timers discussing the character flaws and general uptightness of 'Those Bloody Southerners' The conversation was extensive and vitriolic in a laid back kind of way. I found myself as a Brisbane boy and fellow Queenslander, agreeing in a philosophical way that indeed there were many faults with Mexicans in general.

I got the shock of my life and crept out of the joint when I realised that the 'Southerners' they were bitchin about - were from Townsville!

How big is your world?

Cheers
    Steve.
    For me tis all south past katherine
    any further down and I need a jumper and trackie pants...

Oi Jack ya only go to court when ya get caught... and us darwin lads are little darlings butter wouldnt melt in our mouths or beer go hot in our hand.

But in the city folks defence, not all of yas are uptight, its seems to be a half half thing and the bad half sticks out more. I like ya all cause ya are aussies and aussies do every thing better...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Lives_Here
    Got your new Patrol yet??? Green with envy there. I'm up for a new company vehicle in about May next year. LUUUUV a patrol but i don't think the boss will come to the party. Gunna get a Turbo Diesel though.
    Hi Jack - Got the paperwork Signed Today! I pick her up on Friday and am just a little chuffed about that - I can tell you! Getting the 3.0L TD with Rustproofing, Tinted windows and of course the tow kit for the boat!

Can't wait to just sublty brag to the relos at the chrissie barbie this year ...

Cheers
    Steve.

Jack_Lives_Here

Top stuff. Just a little jealous - Ok maybe a whole lot.