Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moral Question

Re: Moral Question

People like gruntahunter give the rest of us bad names. You sound like a total moron. > Wake up to yourself. Lets just hope he doesn't have kids all we need is a new generation who think this way. Answering the question I rarely keep more than 1 feed.

adrian

just a feed would be all i take if i can get out there. after all a feed of fresh fish beats frozen fish any day .

anzac

I'm with grunta using square hooks isn't really fishing so you should be exempt from the regs and be allowed keep what ever you want.

Grunta, I'm so glad that fella hit your net and not mine which was just down stream from yours. mind you it was amusing to see him paddle all the way back to the ramp. The silly bugger.

gruntahunter

Thanks Simon it's good to see someone can see a joke when its there in front of them.
    Hey Angelena lighten up, I am only jokin and I do have 2 boys who love to fish and probably have released more fish than they have kept! If you come to our Ausfish M&G you would get to know us fellas better and wouldn't call us "morons"...... well probably not anyway. One of my boys is an ausfish member called Freddo and he was laughing when I put those posts out.
    Now just for those that don't have a sense of humor or make rash statements without engaging brain first, my answer to Jewies question is .....I take only fish that I am going to eat with my family, Idon't take fish to feed other people, and I always release larger specimens .OK....(except for female crabs).... only jokin angelenER.

Now I really can't get over that Angelina thought you were serious.
    Yer Grunta bring out the longliners, drag nets and lets get those fish outta there lol.
    Anyways guys I like dom never catch my bag limit and would very rarely take much more than 5 fish home the rest I would happily release the rest of the fish. The fight is what most people are after the fish is the treat!
    cheers jack

Hi ya Jewmaster
    I try to take home 1 or 2 yellow belly from the dams for the family.
    Went for a year on total catch and release and afraid my wife started to have doubts i was even putting the boat in.
    So bringing at least one fish home keeps me in the good books.
    Sav

adriancorrea

Geese Grunta if only we could all get bites like that when we were out in the water LOL
    Hook Line and Sinker

I myself dont eat fish very often so what I do take home usually goes to my parents or friends.

Tight Lines
    Adrian

I only keep enough for my family to eat that night or the next day.. NO frozen fish for this black duck, you can get them from the supermarket, and support the pro's with their nets anytime..
    You can,t beat fresh fish and its a good excuse to go back and hunt some more...

Smithy...........

SORRY IF I TOOK YOUR REPLYS TOO SERIOUSLY BUT I KNOW OF A COUPLE OF PEOPLE UP IN MY AREA WHO ACTUALLY THINK LIKE THAT.UNFORTUNATELY ONE IS MY BROTHER IN LAW WHO AFTER I SHOWED HIM A GOOD FISHING SPOT TOOK ALL HIS PRO MATES UP THERE AND HAS PREETY MUCH WIPED OUT MOST OF THE GRUNTER STOCKS. > LAST YEAR AT THIS TIME WE WERE CATCHING HEAPS NOW WE'RE LUCKY TO CATCH MORE THAN 3 OR4 LEGAL SIZE. SO SORRY IF I OFFENDED YOU OR ANY ONE ELSE,I'LL TRY TO LIGHTEN UP A BIT.

gruntahunter

You're kewl angelena, no problems and you r right there r some bastards out there who don't give a rats arse bout the future so lets hope they get less with each generation .At least our generation is really trying to stem the tide if u would excuse the pun.

I'll bet you are a lure fisher grunta.
    I'm with the rest of you. Love a feed of fish but it tastes much better fresh. If it has to stay in the freezer more than 2 weeks it is better off back in the water. Give the little ones a chance to get big and leave the big females if the cap fits.
    And always practice what you preach.
    Vern

Sheesh i can see the competitions gunna be full on at them pearly gates ey, wander whether they will have enough of them wings ta go round ???.
    Cheers

Although I do love a feed of fresh fish, I can't remember the last time I kept some for a feed. I get to much enjoyment from seeing them swim away. I wish I could live in a giant air bubble under the sea.

Cheers

Simon

Oh, I'm also too lazy to clean them and carry the esky full of ice needed.