Thread: .FRASER

.FRASER

Has anyone been to wathumba on fraser island lately and if so what are the conditions like? Also does anyone know what I should expect to catch there in early March? Regards Squire.

Re: .FRASER

I camped there a month ago, what conditions do you need info on?

Fishing in the creek always produces lots of bream at night on the incoming tide, always tie the tuna that choked on the lures to the boat, great berley.

Cheers

MackMauler thanks for the info was wondering how far up the creek you can go? and do you know if any crabs are about there. Thanks for the tuna tip I shall take some. Are the sandflies still horrible? Regards Squire.

Squire it changes all the time but we were catching big mactuna in the creek mouth and heaps within a k of the mouth late arvo, don't take much

We got some muddies have a look back through the reports they were getting a caning from many boats though, I've been last 6 years in summer and nothing has changed far as I could tell with channels in the creek, other than the hole opposite the nth bank camp which has shallowed to be like the remains of the creek at low, the creek is navigable until the mangroves close in, quiet a long way if that helps.

Cheers

MackMauler thanks for the info it helps a lot and is very appreciated regards squire.