Thread: mono shock leaders for braid

mono shock leaders for braid

Has anyone got ideas for twisted mono or shock leaders for braided line, any feedback or step by step instructions would be helpful, as I keep snapping braid whenever there is backlash.

imported_admin

Re: mono shock leaders for braid

Hi

Suggest you consider getting hold of some Knotted Dogs

See this page for more details - http://www.ausfish.com.au/harro/knotteddogs.htm

Jack_Lives_Here

Mate gotta go with the KD. BIG thumbs up. Used them on my trip up north this year. I used the same leader the whole trip. I had barra and other snag dwellers doing their best at macrame me. They suceeded many times but I was able to drag them out and not worry about changing leader. VERY impressed. I managed 12 of the 21 barra between 3 blokes. 8) 8) The other 2 were using 60lb Jinkai as leader.
    Mainline I'm using 30lb Bionic braid and connect via the illustrated knot in the pack. Takes a bit of practice but worth it.

I will try the knotted dogs seeing as there is such good feedback about them.

how do they go in places like peter faust dam and tinaroo ??? can they handle those big scaly critters over a meter ???

Swano,

Used them in Tinaroo last month, twisted leaders worked great. Landed fish between 98-120 avg 108. They got a bit scuffed towards the end, but one leader for the whole trip.

Cheers
    George

Hi - I am interested in the KD's as well and I checked out the website - but there are no photo's of the product Call me old fashioned - but I like to see what i am buying before I hand over my hard earned (especially when buying over the internet)

Any reason why they don't post a simple photo?

Cheers
    Steve.

CHRIS_aka_GWH

..so that's not what they look like ?!!!

Lost a couple of fingers yesterday trying to tie my own with a couple of local bullies - wish I'd known lol

chris

yep would have to agree the Knotted dogs are an absolute god send of a leader system from Bream to Barra Knotted Dogs has it covered and a great Aussie product to boot.

Regards,

THE BOMBER

imported_admin

Steve

Fair comment about no photo being on the product page. It is a difficult product to have a photo up there as they are all a bit different for each species. They are made slightly different for the species, some have clips, different size line, etc, etc. A photo of the product doesn't explain the product as well as the text does.

I have included a photo of a pack and of a single KD of the Barra Troll model for you.