Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cressbrook Meet & Greet 8/9th March

Cressbrook Meet & Greet 8/9th March

Well folks, the voting has been done, #the counting has been done, and my T-Bone for for dinner is done #???

Not a bad response guys ( and girls ? ). #But an overwelming " in favour " for Cressbrook.

Now that the location has been decided, and I'm sure the dates of March 8 #& 9 will be good.

This will allow the water to still be warm and the fish co-operative ( apparently #??? ).

A campsite will be set up at the dam on Friday arvo. #For those of you who wish to join us early, by all means do. #As in the other post on my reckie to the area, the facilities are all there.

Now, the mission for you Freshies out there, is to come up with a game plan for us old Salties. #What I thought might be able to happen, is get together and place a freshie and a slatie together in the same boat, if this is possible.

So as time goes by, if any freshie could nominate themselves as able to take a Salty for a guided tour of the place and show them the ropes ( lures ), this would be appreciated. #Further, if one of you guys knows the dam pretty well, it would be appreciated if you could draw up a mud map and a few tips, for us that wish to do our own thing.

The campsite itself, will consist of 2 large tarps under which one can throw a small tent or Swag etc. This is when numbers will need to be known. #Probably a week before the trip. #Again, cooking facilities etc will be taken care of.

BY all means, bring the Cheese & Kisses and the Tin Lids, although there is no skiing in the dam, there is acres of room and a large playground near the boat ramp. #A canoe or floaty thing would also come in handy. #There is also the possibility that a fish can be caught from the bank ?

Please feel free to add comments as they come to mind, here. #More info will also be available as it comes to hand and gets closer to the day.

# # # # 8) # 8) # 8) # # #
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Cressbrook M & G

Phil is definitely a Salty and will require all the help someone can muster

A lay-out of the dam from a local with a quick "Possible spots" would be good so that everyone has a chance.

Bugman

hi guys
    I will bring my small tinie and a 3 man canoe for some of the land lock fisho to use if need
    johno

Sounds great people

I'll be there for sure....I'll have my little beast out there...I'm happy to show you guys a few of my favorite spots...I'll be fishin by myself so if need be i can take someone for a slow look around....8 kts is pretty slow my lil beast can only just do that with 2ppl in it, along with two battires, bow mount and fishing gear It only has a six on atm...

Looking forward to it!

Cheers

Chris

P.S I'll try and get a lil map together

Re: Cressbrook Meet & Greet 8/9th March

hey guys
    Ttuck for transport getting down there and back up. Also hows the landbased fishing up there? Like you get much off the shore?
    cheers jack

aquarius

Jack Mate its up there and back here. ...Jim and i will be leaving early Saturday morning so if you jump on the train Friday arvo you can come with us.
    Im sure someone will have room for you in there boat once we get there.
    Cheers Brent

Hi guys
    I'll be there Saturday lunch for sure. Have my 12 ft tinny and 6hp motor - not sure if I'll have my son or not.
    Havn't fished Cressbrook since Dec but keen to share my knowledge. I'll talk to a couple locals prior the weekend to see whats the go but expect the bass will be hanging deep in schools so bring a couple deep divers with you.
    Plus the soft plastics; spinner baits and surface lures for early mornings and late afternoons - I could be sitting back having a beer by then though.
    Looking forward to it - add my name.
    Regards
    Sav

You can count me in for at least 1 night for a couple of ppl. Sounds like a lotta fun, looking forward to it.
    Si.

Well as i'm on holidays i will be taking up residents with you lot.

Is anyone heading up on the morning of the 7th?

I will at a guess have my daughter from darwin in tow .

Brian

AS far as I know I will be heading up on the arvo of 7th.

We'll be trying to set " main " camp at site 33. #This will be for cooking , refreshments etc. with a couple of tarps for cover for the swags of the scally wags ? So sites 32 and 31 are close and would be good to set the tents.

We'll post more info as the time gets closer.

Cheers # Phill

Re: Freshwater M&G
    « Reply #14 on: 04. Feb 2003 at 16:37 » Quote Modify

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alright you guys !

Cressbrook Dam is North of Toowoomba towards Crows Nest. It takes 2 hours from my place at Rochedale.

Facilities are good, boat ramp good. Yes you need a licence. $7/week and can be downloaded from the Net or available at Tackle Shops in Toowoomba. Camping fees are $5.80 Per/ person/ per/ nite or $2.90 P/P for a group of 20 or more.

You can't pre book, as there is a honesty envelope and box at the camp ground.

I have identified some sites they would suit perfectly. Site 33 is the best. This would able to house a couple of those big Tarps we got and sleep up to 20 folk. The BBQ's and Tables and shelter is about 12 meters from this site. Although we might byo on this one.

Boat ramp is a little drive away ( 1 minute ) or you can pull ya boat up the bank and walk to camp ground, ( 1 minute walk).

The gates going into the Dam / boat Ramp open at 6am and close at 8pm.

There are no restrictions on type and size of motors but, a speed limit is in force. 8 knots for us.

Directions are easy. Drive to Towoomba, take the roads that lead to Crows Nest, once in the country turn right at Pechey and follow the road. Signs will guide you. Don't know if we have mobile phone access there, but Mine is 0419 020697 just in case.

I'll be taking the cheese & Kisses and the anklebiter, so feel free to do the same people.

Don't forget, it's 3 weekends away. 8)

http://dpishop.dpi.qld.gov.au/bookwe...=2770000003247

This should get you straight to the permit area.

More details soon on who's going etc..

how are the mossies up there?
    Worth bringing some homemade mossie repellent
    cheers jack

Hmmmmm not sure if i have ever scored a mossie at a dam yet ..... then fisherman 2 how much space does a bottle take ....... you could be the most popular person there if the darkvaders decend on the camp .

Me, i think i'll just drink rum .... of course i'll only have a couple for health reasons .

Looking forward to the trip ..... shit gotta fix the tent or take the gamble on no rain

Brian

Hi fellas

I live in Toowoomba but I doubt if I'll be out, due to cricket commitments .The dam has ben producing a few fish but most are undersize, despite the size of the lure. If cooby is open by then that is where i would rather go anyway, but yas all will have a great time.

Cheers, Matt

aquarius

Ok Ausfishers for those of you not familiar with Cressbrook Dam here is a web site for you to check out....heaps of great pics and plenty of info.
    Cheers #Brent
    http://www.aroundoz.com/november_200...sbrook_dam.htm
    ps .Last time i was there the mobile phone reception was NIL but i did notice a pay phone close to the ranger station.