Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spear fishing

Re: Spear fishing

thanks chris
    yeh have been snorkelling and the scenery below waterline is fantastic can't wait!
    cheers jack

Have any of you Spear Fisho's come into contact with Big Sharks? or any Sharks for that matter.

Cheers,

Dominator.

Ausfish Addict

Shark bait if u ask me, but then jack doesnt have too much meat on his bones eh LOL.
    cheers

Jack_Lives_Here

Couple of guys a saw come into Spinnaker sound ramp on Saturday arvo had some nice parrot and a small cobia. They'd been out around hutchies.

The dive instructor that qualified me was a spear fisherman also. He was knocked unconscious by a hammerhead that was after the fish on his belt. The witnesses on the boat said it thumped him about 1m out of the water. He has no recollection of it - just woke up back on the boat.

Howdy all,
    Sharks are in the water when your swimming there in the water when your washing your hands over the side of the boat, well sharks are always there.
    Ive been semi seriously diving for 5 years and in that time have only twice have had to use my boom boom stick, as I like to call it.
    Ive seen 3 metre Bronzies 3-4 metre Hammers and a friggen HUGE 4 metre white, the only time I shat myself out of the water.
    If you take a calm approach and just keep a eye on the buggers and NEVER pull fish to you when there is a bitey in the area. And always use a rig cord atleast 30 foot long either tied to a weight belt or rigged to your gun, theres no real probs with them.

MadGaffer

gday guys
    here r some thoughts on spearfishing from breamaster.com
    http://www.breammaster.com/forum/sho...=&threadid=569.

michael

Michael, good site, the spear one anyway a few old women hang out there hey

gday
    yeah u could say that, i personally think that spearfishing can be quite challenging when spearfishing for reefies. but that there veiw on spearfishing and they dont seem to like it very much.
    michael

I THINK SPEARFISHING IS GREAT. AS YOU HAVE TO CATCH THEM BEFORE THEY CATCH YOU. I WAS SPEARFISHING OF HELLS GATES AT NOOSA ONE DAY AND CAME ACROSS A DEAD 6FT GREY NURSE AND NEARLY CRAPPED MESELF EVEN THOUGH IT WAS DEAD. AMART HAS SPEARGUNS CHEAP EVERY NOW AND THEN. GET YOUR SELF A PNEUMATIC GUN. THEY REALLY GO OFF WELL.
    SCOTTYB