Thread: Sunshine Coast Reefs

Sunshine Coast Reefs

With weather permitting, I am hoping to make my first journey out to the Barwon Banks and Wide Caloundra Areas in the next few weeks. As stated, I have not been out there before and fishing a new area always creates a challenge. I am hoping for any assistance at all with advice on the area and possibly a few GPS marks / techniques which may help in hopefully catching a feed on the first trip out. The whole offshore scene is still pretty new to me in the area of knowledge, so any assistance would obviously be much appreciated.

Re: Sunshine Coast Reefs

I reguarly fish Cal wide and I am keen to do a trip to the Barwons (weather permitting) I have in my possession some supposedly hot marks. I would be keen for a tag-a-long. My boat is a 585 glass.
    WAyne

I'm planning to do my first trip out there this weekend (28-06-2003). I've never been out that far before but I'm planning on trolling for some sailfish in the Barwon Banks area. The weather seems to be looking a bit better for the weekend with 10-15knots instead of the usual 20-30knots it likes to blow when it knows I want to go fishing.

G'day, I got some basic GPS marks here for ya here for the B Banks and WC. Like i said they are basic and just put you in the right area . Sound around untill you find a good lookin spot then see what you get. I would also like to head out that way but i don't know when. Are you after reefies or trolling for the real big ones ??? ???

Barwon Banks - 26.36.750 - 153.30.250
    26.36.800 - 153.30.000

Wide Caloundra - 26.43.000 - 153.26.701
    East of wide Cal. - 26.42.860 - 153.28.681

Be sure to let us know how ya go hey!

Cheers, Lachie

I usually fish for reefies but am getting into game fishing so I will be trolling for some bigger stuff. I'll let you know what happens.