Thread: Finding Snapper Territory in the Bay

Finding Snapper Territory in the Bay

Hey guys,
    Going out tomorrow arvo/ night looking specifically for large snapper , even some sharks...

I have a garmin etrex GPS , however I have no good spots to punch into it to find some fish..

Harry Atkinson.. what are the co-ords for that??? I have been out there a few time but only found it due to the masses of boats..

I am wanting to find it or a good spot on it even if there is no one else out there.

Any good co ords for around east side of green would be great as well

Hope you can help..

Adam

Re: Finding Snapper Territory in the Bay

Hi Adam, not my thing but ive noticed from the legends that fish out that way that boat traffic isnt where the party is, the secret seems to be berley and lots of it, why dont you come down to the meet at currigie? the snapper will be big around the camp fire
    rob

Yeah one time we went where all the other boats were and I swear not one of them were even on the reef....we scootered around all of them and there was no evidence on the sounder of anything...
    Ended up at SW rocks that night...

Cant miss the spot there.

I Can't really make it to currigee this weekend due to having a newborn at home and the better half not really liking me going away....YET!!!!!

Still have to take me out one day Rob and catch real fish

Cheers adam

aquarius

Adam spend $10 and buy that book called 500 HOT fishing spots and gps co -ordinates.
    Cairns to Byron Bay.
    Mate there's gps marks in there to keep you happy for a long long time!!
    Bought mine from a fishing tackle shop.
    Cheers Brent.

This is the GPS point we use for Harrys It is in the vicinity of what is left of the reef. Go to the north and find a patch of gravel and burley and see what turns up.
    Let us know how ya go cos i havent been there for a while so i would be interested 8)

Harry Atkinson 27.24.509 - 153.18.611

Cheers, Lachie

Forgot about green Pretty much anywhere along the eastern side of green holds fish you just gotta go looking for them and don't be afraid to fish shallow water