Thread: broadwater tips

broadwater tips

taking a mate from Mexico fishing on the Gold Coast on Sunday arvo. He's up for his honeymoon, in a manner of speaking.

Will be fishing out of my 14' pointy punt, had planned trolling/jigging/casting for lizards, but my normal haunts are Nth of the Brisbane River, so I would appreciate some info.

Assuming the mate has any strength left, and he should be recovering by then as he was married on Saturday, any suggestions; I have read the article in the last BnB?

Thanks,

Rick

Ausfish Addict

Re: broadwater tips

Try around crab island bound to get a feed o flathead, or pump some yabbies n try for whiting, some big rays around there as well
    cheers

we have been catching endless amounts of lizards useing a slow retrive with grey ghost shads u cant missem

Hi fishtime
    There are queit a few places down the broadwater to fish for the lizards myself not being a lure fisherman I have always use half pilly's on 1/0 double gangs never seem to miss getting flathead try up around the south Arm of the coomera river on the mud flats around souvrien island or any of the drop off's at the back of little crab island and between the two island drift down to the deep hole or up around brown island your only fishing in around 3 - 4ft of water most of the time or up around the osyter leases between the south and north arm of the coomera or along the back of the logs you will find a nice gutter between the two sand bars with some nice weed beds just can't come to the party of telling you my hot spots sorry, as long as your can get away from the boat traffic down there you will find them hope this helps

Cheers
    Steve

Ausfish Addict

hey steve how did u go down the broadwater last weekend...i sat at home and was warm
    cheers