Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DARWIN AUSFISH MEMBER FISHING TRIP

DARWIN AUSFISH MEMBER FISHING TRIP

Gidday Dudes and dudettes, I am looking for members from darwin or even from south of the boarder who would be interested in partaking in a group trip around the darwin region.

I have been in contact with one member already and he suggested the idea which sounded great. Any one who is keen on joining in on what could be the start of a regular thing don't be shy and let me know. I have boat with seat that is vacant for any one keen enough, so give a buzz.

Hope to hear from you soon

Re: DARWIN AUSFISH MEMBER FISHING TRIP

locky why didnt you ask this q last bloody august when i flew up there to have a look around

Looks like only the two of us so far. The rest of them must be out fishing all the time too busy to read the post.

Maybe the moderator might be so kind as to leave the post at the top of the general chat board for a week or two so we can try to generate some interest.

Anyone from the southen states (mexicans) that are keen or if you are heading this way, let us know and we could try to organise some sort of trip. ect.

I think we could try to organise a trip out dundee beach way, we could spend the first day out on the salt and than head back inland about 1 hour and do some freshwater barra fishing in the finnis with sweatheart. Might be to try during the wet when the barra are more active.

I will be heading out to Saltwater Arm this saturday to try and get some Mud Crabs. Might try the jewfish hole at the mouth of the adelaide river, or some snapper and salmon spots in the arm itself. Still exploring this area to try and find some new places. I have manged to pickup nice jewies inside the river, up to about 3 or kms inland.

Let us know what you are up to this weekend, probabaly only be there up till about 2.00pm, want to be at the boat ramp around sunup.

g'day, i am a new member to this, just wondering if i can get some more details of the fishing trip such as when, where, cost, accomodation.

thanks

Mate any time you wish to go fishing I have will have the boat hooked up and rods packed. I have a spare seat in my boat and always willing to meet mad keen anglers like yourself. I f you have any suggestions in a trip let me know.

Good stuff, We've had a bite. Although 3s a crowd,a few more people would be good. If any of the local Darwin Members have any ideas dont be shy, let us know. Even if it is too head to the pub and dicuss the idea over a few beers ect.

Locky, let us know how you go mate when you head out with jewjackcod, where you head, ect ect ect. Have a great trip.

Hope this is the start of something big, maybe one day we could try to build it up to some sort of semi organised comp, basic prizes, ect ect.

Another idea would be to try and make a AUSFISH team to enter into the local comps, There 2 comps at dundee which are good and all the different barra comps around the place.

Umm and stuff. Bloody virus

locky/jewie any ideas when u good ol boys r headin out? i seem to be workin most weekends of late, hows about a mon-fri trip theres allways less traffic

spool

We should try and organise a weekday trip. less people to worry about. Any idea where you want to head to spool.

The more people we can get the better. Do you have a boat. I got a 4.3 Metre. But the blue water is off limits currently, need to get my cabries cleaned. Limited to the creeks currently.

I heading out this coming monday with my parents to saltwater arm for a look. i will be caught up looking after the olds but if the fishing is good, we should try to return in the near future and give it a go.

Unfortunatley I work during the week so the week ends are the options at this point in time. However i do time off at the end of sept which would be a good time to arrange a trip. I have a 4.5 tinnie which is set up for blue water and distance trips. Maybe a trip to melville could be on the cards.

gidday fellas Ive got a week off late sept/oct but was seriously considering visiting the limmen bight with the missus & kids. If that doesnt eventuate melville sounds like a fairly good option. where would u leave from locky?leeders etc. how long? ive got a 5m with 150L underfloor.jewie can jump in with one of us and i have a few mates that might be interested.

spool

Mate, where is limmen bight? I also have a week off from the 27 Sep and have good mate coming from Bne to fish. A trip to melville is on the cards as I was planning a trip there at that time. Sounds like it could be a top trip if we could organise a couple of boats. Unfortunatley I can only carry One extra person besides myself with enough fuel for a couple days. I am planning on fishing the vernons this week end if anyone happens to be free.

Locky I was out at the mouth of the Adelaide river last weekend, If the whether is the same this weekend the Vernons will be very rough, we where in the shelter mouth of the adeliade and it was very choppy, pulled the anchor a couple of times, could only imagine what it would have been like out on the blue water. Very rough.

All the boats that went out of the mouth of the adelaide to head to the vernons or the cape came back within 40 minutes. Large seas.

Hope the wind dies down for you so it is a enjoyable trip.

Fishing the mouth of the adelaide was alright except for the TOAL IDIOTS that kept pulling up right on top of us becuase they had no idea where to fish. Rotten sods.

jewmaster, thanks for the tip, i will have to make alternate plans. what were you chasing and what was the result. I have only fished the adelaide once and came trumps, any advise would be appreciated as it could an option if the seas are big. I spent sunday afternoon cruising the harbour and ended up hooking into school macks of around 2-3kg. great fun on 10lb tackle. All fish were caught on 15gram slugs.