Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re: FREE MARINE RADIO COURSE

Re: FREE MARINE RADIO COURSE

Count me in to thanks

adrian

a one day coruse is best for me . but some of us are not that smart ??? so can we cheat or bribe the markers with a fishing trip ??

anzac

Just wanted to see if this had gone any further. I'm interested in the course,

MON.

Re: FREE MARINE RADIO COURSE.

I only have a 27 meg radio - I take it its free to sit in on cos I wont be wanting to sit the VHF licence test, nor the handbook for that test???

Hi All
    Well it is looking good for some of you to do the course you only need a lic's for the V.H.F radio's but even if you have to put your hand in your pockets for $20.00 to do do the 27Mhz and learn what you need to know out there your life is worth more than that and it will make it easier if the people from coast guard or the V.M.R to find you so think about the out comes that could be not it will never happen to me idea.
    We have heard of a few people going missing lately because of different reasons this will only help cut down the risks out there and remember two thing
    That assumptions is the mother of all F****ups
    and the second one is that it is a long swim from out there and a lot can happen in between so for those that have no idea on radio procedures please take the time to do the course it may just save your life or someone Else's

as for those that say they can not afford the price of the course think about the time that the V.M.R people are putting in there time for free to help you all out it may just pay to put your hand in your pockets and make a donation or better still join the V.M.R for safety reason agian $50.00 a year is still worth more than your life
    I pay mine each year and even if I don't use it it is still nice to know that I have that safety net backup when I go out

Cheers
    Steve

Lets know when the course is on. I am interested in attending.
    John.