Thread: what to do with not so old printer

what to do with not so old printer

my 18 month old printer has shat itself.$79 for a new printer head or $80 for a new printer same brand better printer.is there a charity or some org that fixes them for people less fortunate .they can have it.anyone recommend a good brand of printer.

imported_admin

Re: what to do with not so old printer

Depending on the brand of printer you can refill the cartridge, a lot cheaper than buying original brand name cartridges.

Don't know of any charity groups that take them but maybe some around. If you want to donate to a charity why not sell it for whatever you can get for it and donate the proceeds to a charity.

are fineRe: what to do with not so old printer

cartrides are fine.salesman says printer heads are only made to last so long .they make their money on spare parts says to ditch it . it is a throw away world nowadays

TJH

Have never heard of print heads retiring before a cartridge replacement
    It is a throw away world though
    I had a HP Deskjet that needed a realignment on the print heads ( after about 5 cartridge replacemants) and new cartridges.
    It was cheaper to buy a new printer.

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

Welcome to the disposable world of printers! Much better to throw out the old and buy the new. You will find low-end Deskjet HP printers cost about the same as replacement cartridges!

My business uses Canons as they are good value and the ink cartridges are relatively cheap. My home HP Deskjet stopped working a couple of months ago and I replaced to with a Canon 520C. Works well and rated highly by Choice and CNET.COM.