Thread: hot spots

hot spots

Hi all, I'm new to the area and wouldn't mind some pointers if anyone can spare the time and local knowledge. I'm interested in saltwater fishin around the bay and jacobs well area, I have just bought my first boat (4m Hornet wide body with a 25 f/stroke yammie) any tips on fishin, navagation and things to look out for would be most welcome.

Many thanks & tight lines 2 all.

Re: hot spots

Well 4stroke, just keep a keen eye out here and in " fishing reports ", and I'm sure you'll piece it together.

Navigation ! well, a chart or at least Beacon to Beacon is a good start. Watch out for sand banks ( some don't , what, who me ? ).

The seasons are a changing, so maybe you'd like to hit the pin for Whiting or further down to the Nerang/ Broadwater.

Maybe you like to join a local fishing club for further assistance. Many social ones out there.

Others will assist here I'm sure.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

G'day 4 Stroke,

Good choice fishing out of Jacob's Well. Plenty of fish to be caught from there to the pin and then back down to the gold coast (it's about a one hour run to the whiting spots in the Nerang River from Jacob's)

This area is very seasonal with differnt species for different times of the year. The Bream have tappered off with Summer approaching, so now it is Flathead and Whiting time.

Fish the edges of Mud Banks and Sandbanks when targeting Lizards. Sometimes you can just pull the boat up and walk the edges casting Baits or Lures as you go.

Talk to Peter or Mack in the Bait shop at Jacob's Well, being locals they are up-to-date on what is being caught and where to catch them.

It will take time, but be patient and put the time in and you will eventually catch fish in this area on a consistant basis.

Cheers
    Craigie.

Ausfish Addict

Craigie forgot to mention the bites are full on in summer, sandflies, mosquitoes, midges, oh then there is the fish lol
    cheers

Hi Mate

I live in Coomera, and must have gone out from Cabbage Tree Point many times. I like cobby passage and surrounds... Great fishing compared to the gold coast for sure... Its a bit longer trip to get there from Jacobs well as you have to go all the way around the big island north of jacobs well...

I have a 15hp tinnie, so i am happy to take you to some great spots...Including a ripper camping spot on short island...

Either get the beacon to beacon or buy the couran point to redland bay boat map for directions... I keep both in my both all times...

I work for myself so I can always take a day off for fishing...

Cheers

David
    david@totalhost.com
    0414 851051

Go a mix of dettol and baby oil for the bities, try not to get it on your bait.