Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banana,s on Boats

adriancorrea

Re: #Banana,s on Boats

Thats it!
    Im pulling apart my boat tomorrow.
    There must be a bannana onboard somewhere.
    That would explain why I havent been catching any fish lately
    or maybe its just, that the boat hasnt been out of the shed lately
    Im with Jaybe food is food and fishing is fishing,
    Dont be making excusses fellas.

Just my opinion
    Tight Lines
    Adrian

Re:  Banana,s on Boats

I had always understood it to be something about the scent of bananas being obnoxious and very decernable to a fish's keen sense of smell. [smiley=dunce.gif]
    Something like..tuna oil is at the top of the list, and bananas are at the bottom,f top fish attractants.

(mmm..ever seen a monkey sucessfull at catching fish? or do they just need to use tuna oil? )

Most people that have anything to do with the wide blue oceans are superstitious to a point. Jaybee, next time you buy a boat, name it the Titanic to show us all what a load of rot superstition is.

i put the poll up for a matter of interest ???
    my views are
    NO bananas on my boat
    "whats the time"

Ausfish Addict

Hey neptune that isnt as funny as it sounds, i once had a 12 ft tinnie (de havilland) full o pop rivets, use to vibrate while travelling, lol, i named it Titanic, didnt affect the catch rate, didnt leak, in fact when i sold it was offered more then i paid for it This guy just come up to me at the ramp, said he was watching us and how the boat went with two onboard, and asked if i would sell, and offered me a price too good to refuse.
    cheers

Once the bad luck of the banna has got you, you will never shake it. By all means take your bannas and enjoy them. There are too many stories of bad luck associated with it for me to bother risking it, why take a bananna on board when you can take scotch fillet steak sandwiches with homemade chilli paste and tomato sauce. Stuff the bananas, go the real food.

Its also bad luck to talk about banans so we are all stuffed. no good fihsing for any of us.

Ausfish Addict

Hot tomatoe soup isnt bad with egg sandwiches either just don't pass wind later eh.
    cheers

Hey Snappa,
    How about changing your boats existing name to banana (committing the ultimate sin [smiley=end.gif]), that would really piss neptune off wouldn't it. LOL

Cheers,
    Jay.

Tally me banana.

Re: #Banana,s on Boats

I had always understood it to be something about the scent of bananas being obnoxious and very decernable to a fish's keen sense of smell.
    Something like..tuna oil is at the top of the list, and bananas are at the bottom,f top fish attractants

thank heavens for that - i was begining to think it was my natural perfume that was turning the fish off.

Patto

Very fancy script you have there Patto , christ i wear glasses to read now 8), but that black furry mass you type out is unreadable even with them on.

I went to a buck's party on a cruiser one nignt... saw some bananas....only bad luck was from the guys that missed the boat