Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: M&G !!! 21 - 23 NOV at BP Dam !!!

Re: M&G !!! 21 - 23 NOV at BP Dam !!!

More quality Bass from the same area

Quality Golden Perch were just as eager to smash our lures as the Bass.

One of the best Goldens for the trip, this one was over 50 cm which is slightly better than average for this Impoundment

Guys,

Just as a teaser , for 3 days of fishing at Bjelke-Petersen Dam (over the last couple of weeks) we caught about 40 fish on trolled lures that were of legal size and released. plenty more undersized fish were encounted, If that's not world class then I'm a pissed idiot

Book yourselves down for the M&G, It's going to be a weekend of "Personal Bests" !!!

Cheers
    Craig

Craigie, once again you are building up their expectations. It'll be you running naked around the campfire if Webby dips out on a good fish again.

Seriously it will be a good weekend - weather permitting. New improvements at BPwith a camp kitchen installed. Craigie & I will try to get a large camp spot next to it on the Friday 21/11.
    Looking forward to it.
    Sav

The second placed team in the Golden Lure caught and released 52 fish for the day and a half comp!

These guy's were very good but they were not locals (I think they were from the Gold Coast).
    Most Teams got at least a few fish for the weekend.

Things are still looking good

Only 2 weeks to go, so who's going to be there (with/without a boat) ?

Yallakool has just recently built a fabulous "Camp Kitchen", which is decked out with a few modern cons (Microwave, Fridge, hot plates and B-B-Q'S etc). Sav and I intend to set up the camp fairly close to this facility (more so for the fridge and powerpoints as we will have our own B-B-Q's)

We may be able to arrange a T.V. for the Saturday night, apparently that's the final of the Rugby World Cup ?? (can somebody confirm that )

Cheers Craigie.

aquarius

Yes Craigie thats correct...that Saturday night is the Rugby World Cup Final.
    Unfortunatley i won,t be able to attend this M&G due to our work Christmas party......The wife works at the same place of employment and to be fare to her i better acompany her to this event.
    Hope those that are heading up to B P Dam have a great time and i will have to wait till the next M&G.
    Cheers Brent

Brett_Finger

i'll be there,
    if i do not have a charter booked.
    Hookin,Brett #

Brett,

Good to see you are still trying to improve your fishing. It is a good idea you have to book a guide/charter to help with your technique.

id be there if i could organise transport for me and my boat.. thats if petrol powered boats can go down there?

Tim

Btw.. just so people dont get caught offguard.. i live on the Sunshine Coast.. so it might be a fair hike if your considering towing my boat and giving me a lift.. but ive got room on my boat to fish 3 and its all setup for lure fishing..

Tim

Guys
    I'll bring a TV - whats the reception like up Murgon way - do they get channel 7. I'll have my tranni as a backup.
    If the Wallabies miss out - who cares.
    See you all there.
    Sav

my boat has a built in Marine Cassette/Radio so if the tv doesnt work.. can always wack on the radio... has pretty good reception too..!

Tim

I will try and get up there
    johno