Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: M&G !!! 21 - 23 NOV at BP Dam !!!

Re: M&G !!! 21 - 23 NOV at BP Dam !!!

Hi Guy's
    You can count the Wizard in(Wife too)and can-do with electric will get there mid morn Friday.
    Wizard

No need to travel 10 mins up the dam - straight off the campground boat ramp is fishing pretty well. The old creek bed comes in close here.

Thanks Smithy,

As mentioned above, You were one of the "Local Gun Anglers" I was hopeful of recruiting for our up-to-date reports .
    Drop in any time with titbits of information that might help the crew catch a fish.

Regards
    Craig.

Latest report for week ending 3rd Oct.

" Bass are going balistic on soft plastic sliders and atomics with a few on trolled Smack 12 lures. Good Bass and Golden Perch on spinner baits cast towards the bank "

Courtesy Yallakool Cafe and Tackle, 4168 4811

cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Hi guys
    BP is still fishing well by deep trolling the old creek bed. Creek bed is well defined in the AFN Fishing Map no (not sure of no - any one help). Maps available for a few dollars (includes a few other dams) at most good map shops and tackle shops.
    Definetly need a sounder to locate creek bed.
    Use deep diver lures - several brands available.
    Regards
    Sav

PS Phil & Webby - Correction to prev mail, I'm bringing the small BBQ so Webby can leave his at home.

Can provide a map I have developed myself which you can use with Oziexplorer so you can plot the entire creek bed. Just send a pm if interested or e-mail to my Yahoo address.

Don't forget the M&G on 21-23 Nov at BP, and remember you will need a Stock Impoundment Permit.
    Assume you can get them from the shop at Dam. Smithy, can you confirm.
    Regards
    Sav

At Yallakool Tourist Park not the shop or the best way is over the net through DPI's Fishweb site.

Thanks Smithy. DPI's Web site is the best way to get your SIP. Didn't want to show my bias.
    Regards
    Sav

bump to top for everyone

Nice bump , Brett
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

My turn to bump this to the top

Will put up a more detailed post later today. Just spent a few days at BP in a Cabin at Yallakool Tourist Park. The fishing was world class (in my opinion) and will post photographic evidence of this.

I've been absent from the board for a few weeks, but I'm back now and will be kicking this M&G issue along from now on !!

Cheers
    Craigie.

I'm in your boat Craigie ... better still you skipper Phil's boat with my motor and we'll just catch em!!

What's been doing the damage so I can go and make some purchases.

Bugman

G'day Brett,

All types of lures and colours have been producing the goods over the past weekend (2003 Golden Lure Fishing Comp).
    Lures in Black and or Purple that were medium to deep divers (18 - 25 feet) produced plenty of quality fish for us and most other teams. There were also reports of yellows and charteuse catching big numbers of natives as well.
    Blitz Bagas again did a lot of the damage for other teams, where as my team had great success with the "Purple polterguist" that was diving to around 5.5m, as well as dark and purple "Ridgebacks" as well as green/Black and Green /Yellow "Merlins".
    Until I lost it, the Purple "Wities Dee-Bob" deep in purple was slaying them. I hooked a quality fish that wrapped me around a log and bricked me, bye bye gun lure !!!

At this stage I will be taking my boat to the M&G and hope to have my bow mount Minn Kota mounted up for the trip.

Take note of the following photos, quality fish are available within spitting distance of the Boat Ramp

Cheers
    Craig.

Quality 49 cm Bass caught on the way back to the boat ramp after a great days fishing.