Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: M&G !!! 21 - 23 NOV at BP Dam !!!

Justme

Re: M&G !!! 21 - 23 NOV at BP Dam !!!

Sounds good to me
    All things being equal my son & I will be there
    Pretty handy to home too
    Keep us posted as to the camping arrangements

Larry

Hi Crew,

Have just been on the phone to Allan (Manager, Yallakool Tourist Park at Bjelke-Petersen Dam) , no problems with Camp sites for our M&G.

I mentioned that we could have 20 plus people rocking-up to camp from the Friday onwards and as well most may require to purchase 'Stock Impoundment Permits'. Allan's reply was, "That'll all be fine" !!!
    Apart from Camp Sites being available, there is also plenty of vacancy's in the Bunk House, for those that require a bit more comfort. Not sure what the Bunk House is like, who knows it might be full of Sweedish Backpackers.
    Brett, Are you sure you want to bring Leanne ???.

I'll keep you posted as Info comes to hand,

Craigie.

p.s. If you want to find out more about the Bunk House or make a booking, ring Yallakool on 41684746.

To Michael_Brewer, Mate, your most welcome to come along. There are a few other young Fisho's like yourself that have come to previous M&G's and met all the crew and had a great time.
    Bring the Folks and your Tinnie and prepare yourself for all the fishing tales buy us old fellas.

Regards
    Craig.

Thanks Phil for opting to bring the big BBQ - I'll leave my baby one at home. Will you be getting there on the Friday.
    Craigie and I will be there Friday morning (Craigie will probably get there Thursday afternoon to make sure he gets the first fish - although not sure how he will tow his boat there yet). We hope to set up a large tarp and all welcome to throw there swag under it. We can also pitch tents around the tarp.
    If your desperate and don't want to cook, the shop there does a pretty good burger.
    Should be a great weekend.
    Regards
    Sav

Thanks craigie,
    I will try my hardest to get there. I'll see if I can get my dad to take me. sounds like fun.
    thanks again
    Michael Brewer

I'll hopefully be there...Let you know as it all draws closer...

Great dam and facilities, especially for those with young ones. There is plenty of other things to do besides fish.

WARNING!!! Leave any bank/credit cards at home. Motties tackle shop sells some pretty nice gear... It sits just waiting for fisherman to walk by...then it grabs ya card and all of a sudden you have some new gear Trust me it happened to me once...or maybe twice

Cheers

Chris

I have booked a ensuite powered site ( this is mainly....well ALL for the women and kids ) there will be a least two tents under the big tarp on this site, so there could be room for another one or two tents, if small.

So, if there are any wives / girlfriends ( or both ) coming along. Get in touch with me closer to the date and see what arrangements can be made. This site, obviously, has an ensuite attached for personal use as opposed to shared facilities. ( you know how women are , present company accepted )

I have also booked a powered site, for those that want to utilize the electricity for re-charging batteries, microwaves, TV's, blow up bed thingies, etc etc. Will have a tarp set up at this site also.

These sites are close to where Ausfish ( Sav & Craigie ) will be setting up the group camp / tarp. That area should be near the boat ramp for ease of access. This is where the BBQ will be set up as well as sleeping quarters.

That's all for now.........'cause I'm off to Fraser for 3 days........ 8)

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

That's the plan, to camp as close as possible to the Boat Ramp (the one located whithin the tourist park).
    We will camp close to the road that leads down the hill to the Ramp. There are powered sites and non-powered sites in this particular area.

Even though we will be within site of the ramp, it's still a good idea to pull your boats out at night and park them beside our camp. Better to be safe than sorry (say no more )

Yes Chris, Motty's kiosk is full of fishing goodies. I like the fact that it's stocked with lures that work, no crap !! Hope you can make it mate. Have you still got that massive 200lb Min kota Bow Mount

Cheers
    Craig.

Still got the beast Craigie...will most likely have a different tub to hang it off...still working on that though...

Seeya's there hopefully

Chris

Chris J when will you be up there. Craigie and I will be there Friday morning (21/11) and once we are set up, hope to put in a fish sometime Friday afternoon. Bring a swag - plenty room under one of the tarps.
    I'll be leaving Toowoomba about 6am on the Friday hopefully.
    Hope we see you up there.
    Regards
    Sav

Wow - Finally a M&G where the date work for us. Lindy and I will be there with bells on! Will be booking the camp site today We will probably come up on the Friday night - should be there by the time the bad language is in full swing, hope that a campfire is allowed when we get there...

Not sure wether to Bring the 16ft Fibreglass or the Electric Canoe though. The 16 footer has the comfort, but the canoe has the stealth - suggestions?

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Cheers
    Steve

Throw the canoe on the roof and tow the 16footer, ?

only a suggestion !

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Glad you can make it Steve.C., I like Phill's suggestion but only if you have a motor for the Canoe, It's a big Dam

If we get a bit more of this rain, a camp fire is looking likely ?? Bring the Marshmellows and a nice Port

Craig.

Cheers Craigie,

the Canoe has a 32lb electric - it's moves it along at about 5 knots - faster if paddle assisted If the electric was big enough to push the runabout around it would be a no brainer, but 32Lb doesn't cut it at all. It's a tough decision - I haven't fished the fresh at all - so I have no idea what I am in for. I see that it is NOT a small dam - are the fishing spots a long way from the ramp? Is it best to use lures or bait? do you fish on the drift or at anchor - or is trolling the best way to go. Sorry I am so ignorant - I was hoping to pick everyones brains when I got there, I might as well start early

Looking forward to it lots - the place looks excellent!

Cheers
    Steve.

G'day Steve,

Bring whichever boat has got a sounder, very important tool for fishing dams.
    Feel free to pick our brains as much as possible, my aim is to get everyone hooked on Freshwater fishing at the BP Dam M&G .
    I'll be posting regular tips and reports on Fishing this dam between now and the M&G, so everyone is fully armed when they get up there.

In the two previous years that I have fished this Dam, all the good fishing has been a 5 - 10 min run up the dam(going at 20 knots) from the Boat Ramp. We caught all our fish trolling medium to deep divers in 6 to 10 metres of water. The water level has since droped so I may be starting from scratch this time around.
    I will post pictures of successful lures as well as some happy snaps of fish (Bass and Yellowbelly) to get you enthusiastic for the big event.

The dam has fished well over recent weeks, although most fish have been caught on casting soft plastics and deep fly techniques.

I will be contacting a couple of the "Local Gun Anglers" for up-to-date reports and tips to help out our plight ???

If you have any other question, just fire away and I'll help as best I can

Cheers
    Craig..