Thread: Our new reef the Karma

Our new reef the Karma

Spoke to a dive club member the other day who had just dived on the Karma. It apparently settled dead upright. The divers went around and wired all the doors and windows open to allow lots of holes and caves for the fish to live in. They say it is already attracting fish with schools of yakka and large bludger trevally hanging around. There was also a few pelagics hanging off in the background, but they couldnt tell what they were as after the recent rains the water was fairly dirty. One would expect the reef fish to start moving in over the next couple of months. To me it is rather amazing how fish find these new structures so quickly. Are they just always moving around in every part of the ocean, or do they have some sort of built in signal device? Anyone got any thoughts on how they manage this?

Tony ???

Re: Our new reef the Karma

GPS [smiley=stunned.gif] but seriously are the divers freely coming forth with the location (not that it will probably stay unpublic for long) or is it public knowledge anyway.

Cheers, Kerry.

Gday Kerry
    Yeah it is pretty well public knowledge, it has to be published as a notice to mariners. I havent got them yet but I know at least 4 people who have them so wont have a problem there.

Tony

imported_admin

Kerry, GPS as follows, this is taken from the notice to mariners website - http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/QT/noticem.nsf/

"Mariners are advised that the vessel "MV Karma" has sunk in approximate position of Latitude 24° 23.83'S, Longitude 152° 10.976'E approximately 28 nautical miles north-east of Bundaberg."