Thread: $18M Ramp/jetty fund??

$18M Ramp/jetty fund??

I know it's an election , this was in the local rag ???

Maybe i won't whinge about the PPV ,if it happens ?

Regards
    Gazza

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

Re: $18M Ramp/jetty fund??

We've had the pollies all over our area as well in the past few weeks. We're told they have $680,000 to spend in the Townsville region (no timeframe so could be "this decade").

We are a really good chance of getting a much needed pontoon to be moored next to the Rollingstone Creek boat ramp. Marc Rowell (National member for Hinchinbrook) has been incredibly helpful so credit where credit is due. We are also asking for funding for radar and in-shore rescue equipment like a "rubber-ducky". Nothing new, just surplus govt and defence stuff.

Nuffin like an election the open the purse strings !

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Here Here Phil... >

$18M , nice offer..

do I hear 18.2 from the gentleman with the haircut , what's that another party of 3 want to say $25M ,IF they win the election in their own right , sounds fair.....

WTF...... the offer from the cheesy grin incumbent has been doubled,WTF tripled !!!!

Quadrupled ,yes sir ,3 bags full sir ,i will certainly touch my toes for your kind offer

Brett_Hoskin

but what about the 200k and 500k it think is being allovated to the jettys at Hamilton and Hayman islands. Public money to keep private enterprise and rich prycks in their boats

Brett , ANYWHERE a RecFisho "is allowed" to go/park/tie-up is o.k. to receive ample funding (hopefully just a 1-off injection)

Mate , we(public) pay 30% i.e. subsidy to private health ,a couple or 3billion
    Mate , we(public) pay 70% i.e. subsidy to private schools ,around 6 billion.

the above to me , is why it's a joke ,and a sick joke at that ,to even contemplate "paying to fish recreationally" ,as the "repair COST" is miniscule , and over-rated , as joe public OR 'sustainable' profitable pro can pay to continue to fish ,as joe public can afford to buy the fish ,at whatever cost , finger out of bum, test wind direction ,and say 2% of turnover consumed ,to pay forever it is we need the money for ,that little bit I haven't worked out yet

All i'm saying is $$$ spent $15~$20M or whatever is more important , than ZERO ,and some here 'thinking' ........DOH!! ,o.k. i'll pay

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

Improvements to public facilities are rarely carried out without a heap of behind the scenes lobying by residents and interested parties. There is money available for boaties, so stop bitchin', get organised and go after what you need!