Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bream series on Tv

Re: Bream series on Tv

Now there`s a chalenge from someone thats never had smelly fingers

Ok - the Show is over - What did you think of round 1 on the Brisbane River?

Dave ><>

To me it was more of a advertising show and ego trip.
    As you have to buy there a.f.c. mag', to find out all the nitty gritty info.

Stick them in a area without any pre-fish, that'll test there knowledge and nouse.
    But thats me
    regards

Ps spikey me boy, "the big challenge"

yeah im with brian... the commentary made it like watching the 3rd match of a tied series in the state of origin.. that guy woulda give big darrel eastlake (spelling?) a run for his money
    good to see them catching some fish but i was waiting fot them to tell the viewers what they caught the fish on and how they find works best to target the bream. it was all about the comp and not about the fishing side of things.
    something else to watch in the lunch of the cricket i spose 8)

Poontoon Boat?
    What pontoon boat?

Dave i thought its about time they finally put a show together of this kind. The size of the comps in the USA are huge and this is mainly due to there marketing of the comps. They have big sponser ship deals over there and most comps are televised all over the world which inturn makes the competitions massive. The more entrants there are,more prize money to be won. Its good to see Australia becoming involved with Bass and Bream pro tournaments with great prizes and money to be won. I would like to see more pro tournaments in other styles of fishing. But i wouldnt hold my breath.

The show seemed to be ok and my missus actaully watched the whole program and commented how it was good to watch, as it was far different to other fishing shows and i must agree with her on that. It was also good to see Tim Morgan a Brissy boy win the first round. I worked with Tim for a couple of Years at BLA (humminbird) and he is a top bloke to talk to and also a very funny guy. So its good to see him be successful at what he does best.
    Cheers Greg

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

im with greg my missus also watched it and really enjoyed it ! the format was interesting to watch! ol steve starling was like ol rex hunt the way he was explaining the softie he was using and the ol touch of his hat as he was talking just like ol rexie! anyway look forward to the gold coast show next week!
    p.s i didn't like the way they said it was live.... they were saying it was live and it was raining last night when they flew in but today was fine lol it was pis*ing down here when the show was on and were about 15 mins from south bank lol anyway good show!

Any fishing show is a good show, but seriously i enjoyed it. shows whats possible if your willing to try and have the bucks

how could it have been live? 7 hours broken down to half an hour aint live

One of the guys that is actually in this show sms'd me this morning to tell me it was on. I was asleep and didn't want to see his big ugly Schumaker head on my telly anyway. Anybody that saw it guess who I am talking about? Seriously though did anybody tape it?

God I hope he reads this. Live Baitin rocks shooey!

I found it entertaining - and like others have said, non fishing friends that watched it with me also found it a lot more interesting than the usual 'grab and grin' footage of fishing shows.

I found the editing a bit odd - they "came back" after showing the second or third fish caught to show "fish caught earlier" - weird!
    The timeline was also a bit odd - it was one fish an hour at 10am - then there were minutes left.

Having spent many hours editing - I assume there were some technical problems coordinating it all and also many fishless hours that don't make good footage.

I thought the production itself was mega bucks - graphic overlays, music and footage was first class.

As for being "live" It was a long way from being live - but that didn't detract from the entertainment value for me personally.
    I did a small piece on a TV commercial for 4BC 2 weeks ago (goes to air this week I think) and the cameraman was telling me about the Show then - he had shot a few weeks prior!

I have little doubt that Australia will, in our own unique way, follow what the USA has done in fishing tournaments.
    I really don't know if this is good or bad - time will tell.
    In the back of my mind I keep thinking that fishing is an international sport - like surfing, ballroom dancing and lawn bowls.
    Its, (fishing) heroes deserve the same level of sponsorship, status and financial rewards as other international sports-persons.
    I think "public opinion" and hopefull the Australian ethos will weed out those competitors with big egos, those solely motivated by a commercial agenda and the truly good anglers and decent blokes will rise to the forefront - that's my hope anyway.

I'll definitely watch the rest of the series - if I'm not out fishing!

Dave ><>

Sound like I missed out on a decent fishing show. I usually avoid them for the reasons you mentioned Dave. A good example was yesterday..after the cricket..ET's escape or something..was only partly watching..but..some guy driving up to the Cape was carrying on about how it was bucketing down rain..yet no wipers operating on the car and not a drop of water on it...Aussie producers must think we are idiots at times hence the reason these shows are not all that popular. Russell Quoit is excellent as showing the stupidity of the so called serious shows we have.

NQCairns

Who were the sponsors/brands I couldn't find any product placement no matter how hard i looked.

Seriously I must be so out of date like a dinosaur, i own not one of the products or brands placed and have no plans to own any of them in the future. How american was that show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!nq
    Ps i did keep watching it all the way to the end though, I wont go out of my way to see round 2. Jack hi might be on th abc.

I didn't mind the show, very different to what I'm used to be watching. One thing in regards to the SP's to which I am a total beginner. But 7 hours for 3 fish!!!! and 1 entrant got NIL. Seems like too much hard work. Even had a session this arvo & got diddly squate on SP's.

Now, where's my castnet & livey bucket........
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

when not out fishing i`ll watch any fishing show on telly.but it did seem a lot of work for there catch. i`ll stick with smelly fingers. lee