Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2004 #M & #G #Moreton Bay

Re: 2004 #M & #G #Moreton Bay

Is there enough camping area or would pitching a tent at Horseshoe Bay be another option? ??? ??? ???

if camping on the beach at horseshoe bay, don't forget
    the aeroguard, bloody mossys have seen me pack up camp
    early (like before the tent was pitched) more than once.
    absolutely bloodthirsty buggers there at dusk.

Is this a closed Meet, or can I come too ?

Greta [smiley=gorgeous.gif]

Well Greta, the M & G is open to Ausfishers and Ausfish friends. You may fit in alright, if you wearing bikinis to fish in, as I fish in Lycra's, but the guys give me hell about it,. They will probably do the same to you. I think the proper fishing attire will be fine.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Greta

The more the merrier. (Seems like its going to be a circus anyway!) Who knows there may even be some fishing done. If you need directions or a lift just ask.

This meet and greet is turning out awesome, but i'm wondering if theres going to be enought camping ground room? should we book webby, or take the chance and rock up?

I'm prayin the weather does the right thing so we can all have a top weekend.

JB

the camp is being checked out thisweekend, havent been in there for a couple of months, so just cking to see if any changes have occurred. And chasing redland shire up re the fees as i done think they have a warden there anymore.
    But a few will most likely sleep onboard, and if you get too pissed, there;s plenty of beach
    Never seen so many interested in any of the M & G held, so if the gods of weather play there hand.
    Wether you fish or just sit around and tell lies, should be a good weekend.
    There should be plenty of anchorage for the 20 odd boats turning up, (shit talk about a bloody armarda).
    Might have to send all the plastic fantastics around to horseshoe bay to the leper colony
    regards

actually the plastic boys might consider horeshoe bay as not a bad option give the number of flies that will be attracted by you smelly bait boys , anyone not sure where the camp is just follow your nose , dont forget the aeroguard , how do bait boys burley ? they go swimming , bait boys do it in there sleep ,
    now theres some reel baiting for you

lol... where will it end im on both sides of the fence on this one!

searaider

Hi Guys ,
    I hope to see you overthere ,
    OpimaxIf the weather gives us a chance I'll be heading outside .
    I'll be heading up the inside and heading around the Cape .
    Stuff using the bar .

Peter
    Searaider 2

If you are able to fish outside, the bar won't be a problem. Should be enough there to follow out. If it's too rough for a bar crossing, then it's too ruff to fish outside !

Cheers Phill

does that mean that you will be fishing outside / offshore Lucky ?

still contemplating turning up to this M & G thing.

But, will have to check the diary and would like to get offshore if possible.

Greta [smiley=gorgeous.gif]

Not necessarily going offshore, depends on the boat I take to the meet. I will prefer to fish the inside of the bay, with a goal of nailing a nice big Parrot.

Parrot, are noted for being an ofshore species anyway, so this may be of interest.

Check your diary ? there is always time for fishing, and ya never know, we may see ya there !

???

Cheers Phill

DaneCross

JB has a spare spot in his boat Greta and he'll be coming up from Burleigh. I'd say he'll be more than happy to help you out
    Dane

Three 6 x 6 m campsite have been booked together for the friday and saturday nights. #
    This was done as i spoke to redland council today, and they require bookings, even though we will most likely have the whole area to ourselves, with school holidays over.
    So its a matter of getting over friday and picking the 3 best and closest to the shore.
    It will work out around $5.50 per person per nite.
    There are bbq's scattered through the camp grounds, but they are all wood fired, plus a big gas bbq will be shipped across.
    Plus no open fires are allow at present, even after the deluge we've had.
    All ladies attending are invited to stay under the big marquee with room service provided.
    regards