Thread: $360,000 Study into North coast rec havens

nsw_fisheries

$360,000 Study into North coast rec havens

"This document has been posted for information and to encourage discussion among yourselves. For more information from NSW Fisheries on the issue, please visit our web site on www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au"

http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/gen/...b_12_study.htm

Re: $360,000 Study into North coast rec havens

You blood-suckers >.....WHY? ???

a. to limit bag because of SP's
    b. to open up 'research' for the Commercials to claim ,'no change' ,funded by RecFishos
    c. didn't want $360,000 to go towards buying out more pro's or at the very least ,reduce the NSW debt ,via principal onetime overpayment ?

You blood-suckers > > >

$360,000
    I can think of a lot better ways to spend the rec fishos money, other than another study to see if anyones catching any.
    Love to know what the results will do for those who payed for the study.

Tony ??? ??? ???

$360,000 Study into North coast recreational fishing havens
    12 February, 2004
    Three North Coast rivers will be the focus of a major study into the benefits of recreational fishing havens.

The three-year, $360,000 study will be supported by the recreational fishing licence, and will look at recreational catches and fish stocks in the Tweed, Richmond and Camden Haven rivers.

Researchers from Southern Cross University will sample the types, size and abundance of fish inside and outside the three havens in April this year.

The main objective of this research is to help ensure recreational fisheries are managed sustainably, and to better understand the impact of recreational and commercial fishing.

The study will look at:

Are there more fish species of recreational importance within the havens compared to areas near them?

Are there higher recreational catches in havens compared to areas near them?

Do anglers have a better angling experience in havens?
    The project will include surveys of anglers to gauge community attitudes on recreational fishing havens.

The research will give the NSW Government an even better idea of the impact of the State’s 30 recreational fishing havens, which were created in 2002 after extensive community consultation.

The study will complement a separate research project involving interviewing around 3000 anglers at Lake Macquarie and 900 at Tuross Lake recreational fishing havens.

For more information about how your fishing licence money is being spent.

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Hi Phill ,that 'jigged' another thought.......

IF these inhabitants of RecFisho Heaven , say " the Pro's are still netting just up the road" , so it's about

the same....

We want our $20M back ,and written off........ # > >
    the Guv't will hand back the money ,right #??? ??? ???

Errrrrrrrr ,i'll change hands.... #

what i don't understand is how they can compaire the finding they will get when it has only been closed for a short time ???
    wouldn't any report be better done after the fish have had a chance to repoulate and grow???
    why does the goverment need to pay so much for the resurch???
    would't they just be best to spend a few hunderd bob and ask the tackle shops and fish shops ???
    or even have a qustionare at tackle shops where both rec anglers and pro anglers both shop???
    i sure could think of alot better things to spend that money on and the things they are already spending it on
    i see this as a tottal waste of the rec fishing money
    what will we get out of it other than another stupid report that every mongral politican will be able to twist and turn to best suit his/her needs!!!
    [smiley=angryfire.gif] [smiley=argue.gif] [smiley=dunce.gif] [smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=furious2.gif] [smiley=huh2.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=shout.gif] [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] [smiley=veryangry.gif] [smiley=wut.gif]

Buddy ,All areas ,i understand ,are under review/revoke status ,every 5? years ,pro/Rec alike

Of course ,sensitive results will be re-analysed to suit a close parallel (sp?) to a desired result or "do nothing" result.......

Whoopy ,bloody doooooooo......

gazza i admite