Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: NQ M&G Cardwell... REPORT

Re: NQ M&G Cardwell, weekend 21st 22nd FEB???

For those going up tonight we will have to have a cold frosty at the bar.

Hands up who is going to be tonight.

Brett

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    ofcourse

SNELLY

Just a thought if you are considering having a beer by the pool - No Glass

I think I will give the pool a miss, you know what fish do in water don't ya snelly. Besides, I would be to worried about one of those crocs walking up from the beach and sliding in to wash the salt water off.

Cheers Brett

Any spearfishers amongst us?
    Any fishing is good fishing (should probably say Any fishing is...probably going to be illegal soon)

SNELLY

Not sure but I don't think so

See you in the morning

JON

well sat was an interesting day for robbo t'lle and myself had a few problems and didn't get too much better but you all must wait for his prized fish he got a pic and all still a good get away look forward to the next one , but fella's after so many fish caught6 1/2hrs was a long drive
    snelly how did you go on sunday?
    once again a good time is always had on the water

Re: NQ M&G Cardwell... REPORT

Yea it was a good trip, the fishing was average for us but thats what we get for being impatient and trying to get out early. Krazy fisher and his crew and robbo_townsville and myself only fished around gould and didnt get too much. Me and robbo were happy pulling up spanish flags and mother in law Snelly, NQCairns, fnqtinny and nonibbles i think all went out to otter reef both days but i dont know the details well enough so ill let them post a report and pictures. Didnt get the fishing i was hoping for (mainly because robbo and myself had a rather big night on the udl's saturday.) But the fishing we did on saturday was very enjoyable and the tarpon at cattle creek were a bit of fun aswell on the way there and back. Fishing aside though, i think i had the most enjoyable time while having some drinks and chatting in the front of the bar in those comfy seats, allthough i was prolly a bit loud and drunk but hey its my first time in months for a drink.
    I enjoyed meeting all of you's, i didnt get much time to meet a few of you properly or sober, but theres next time for that. Anyway im all out and back to bed for a few more hours sleep before work, been asleep almost sinse we got home [smiley=zzz.gif]
    Tim
    PS hurry up with those photos snelly of your little beauty

SNELLY

Sunday,

Up at 5-15am packed and off to the ramp to meet my mate from Townsville at 6-00am

Wind on Sunday was more out of the north than Sat but not too bad. Got on the back of a 34' Black watch for a while when we got to gould he wasn't going fast enough. Got out to otter with things not too bad.

Bottom bashed as with the extra chop on the water the GT Popper fishing was a bit harder did see some bait schools and had a couple of casts but no go.

First drop to the bottom and got 37cm Stripey/Spanish Flag then a few more plus other various reefies. Float lines were going off fairly regurlarly scored a shark mackerel plus a small Spaniard. Next hit 10kg Spaniard which we kept and then off the bottom a good trout about 55cm. No pics for Sunday - I need to get that digital camera. Scott has the pic of the GT so he should post that directly.

Great weekend, great group of people - Lets start on another one, Perhaps a lucinda this time - What do people think ???? I'll start another post for the next one and see how we go

SNELLY

Yeah I would be in that Snelly. Thanks Krazy for those kind words about my expert "mother-in-law" catchin abilities. A pic will be not far away.

Thanks Tim for organising what was my first Meet and Greet but will not be the last.

Hope that everyone can attend the next one.

Cheers

Hmm snelly i was thinking that the whitsundays might be a popular choice for the next one. That and lake proserpine were the most popular choices after hinchinbrook last time. I guess it depends on how far people are willing to travel. Why not chuck up a new poll to see where everyone wants to go. Personally id prefer to try somewhere different than hinchinbrook for the next one. Just ideas for now.
    Tim

ah and robbo, thanks again for a very enjoyable trip and boat ride, much appreciated.
    Tim

Thanks for a great weekend guys! #It was great meeting you and having a nag etc. #The fishing on Sunday was a non event for us preferring to stay around the channel and toss some lures. #No interest from the fish. #Hinchinbrook was looking quite spectacular though with very well lit up views of the mountains. #Wish I brought that camera! #Snelly, sorry didn't meet you out at the reef on Sunday but tiredness & heat got the better of me (very heatstroked and dehydrated). #I must have drank about 4 litres of water and I was still buggered! #
    I'm definitely gunna walk up to those bully GTs and demand my lures back! #
    Wow that was fun can't wait to do it again but as has been mentioned before, maybe somewhere else.
    Lucinda does sound like a great option, the reef is about the same distance away but a bit deeper and I hear there is also fish there.
    My personal preference though would be Whitsundays/Proserpine. Maybe if we did a weekend again we could do offshore around islands one day then up to the dam the next.

Again, thanks for a great time
    Any fishing is good fishing (should probably say Any fishing is...probably going to be illegal soon)

yep go the whitsundays

NQCairns

Yeah it was a good meet, great to meet like minded fisho's even if we all fell in a hole sun morning 8) (snelly excluded). Sat night and all the way home I estimate Ron said GT around a thousand times . Watching the trevors smash poppers and bait schools was an experience, everytime we went to head home some more bait school action kept us there. Cheers again Snelly for taking the chance on a couple of unknown yobs for the sat reef trip. We were both sore ,red and dehydrated on Sunday though.
    I will need to get my finger out and finish the reef boat for the next one though, saturday was just what the doctor ordered my enthusiasm was waining.

Was the trout at those spots we sounded early sat??
    Where is that much talked about tasty fish pic Robbo

Some fish pics