Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: NQ M&G Cardwell... REPORT

NQCairns

Re: NQ M&G Cardwell, weekend 21st 22nd FEB???

Hi all, I just finished logging all the interesting coordinates with oziexplorer for the upcoming M&G. Stuff like Islands, reefs, shoals, seamounts, headlands, deep holes, markers and the river mouths just north of cardwell plus some others, if anyone wants a JPG copy PM me. It is wgs84, do not trust any for better than around 200m for safety sake. There is about 60 at a guess, cheers.nq

Ps if anyone wants it in NMEA format or even text or whatever let me know and I will try to do that if i can work it out .

and so far the wheather for saturday is 10 knots

Well I am packed heading up tomorrow morning spend a day in t'ville than friday I'm on my way to cardwell hope the wheather stays good.

SNELLY

Still Lookin GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

IDQ1126002
    North Tropical Waters
    Cooktown to Cardwell
    Wednesday until midnight: SE winds about 15 knots. Seas 1.2 to 1.7 metres.
    Showers.
    Thursday: SE/E winds easing to 10/15 knots. Seas to 1.2 metres. Showers.
    Friday: SE/NE winds 10 knots.
    Saturday: NE winds 10 knots.

IDQ1126003
    Tropical Waters
    Cardwell to Bowen
    Wednesday until midnight: SE/E winds about 15 knots. Seas 1.2 to 1.7 metres.
    Showers
    Thursday: SE/NE winds 10/15 knots. Seas to 1.2 metres. Showers.
    Friday: SE/NE winds 10/15 knots.
    Saturday: NE winds 10 knots.

NQCairns

NQTinny and I should get in fri arvo/evening. Anyone got directions to the Cara park? Look forward to saying G'Day.nq

SNELLY

NQ - It is on your left on the main drag not long after you hit town.

Looks like everyone has got there stuff sorted but just in case here are some co ordinates that will put you on top of Kennedy Shoal 18 4 45.079 146 26 55.999

I have a problem though - No deckie at this stage - Anyone from Cairns or Townsville looking for a ride ? Send me a PM

If I don't get a deckie I will probably still go by myself . My mate in Townsville who was going to come with me will come up Sunday if I don't get a starter.

JON

weather is now only 5-10 knot se winds, tending ne 10-15 knots in the arvo. Looking good
    Tim

SNELLY

Attention all NQ M&G attendees !!!! #

When I satyed at the Caravan Park at Cardwell on the Australia Day long weekend the mozzies were pretty bad if you were unprotected so make sure you bring your coils and repellant

NQCairns

Thanks Snelly, how many can U fish?, If you missout on a deckie and you can fish 3 Ron and I would be in for a reef trip, costs and all. cheers nq

SNELLY

NQ,

Can sorta fish 3 but 2 is better boat is only 15ft

Were you intending to go to the reef or were you going to fish around the islands ?

JON

NQCairns

Cheers The boat is only a 14 with a 30 on it, so the weather will be the decision maker. Looking forward to the reef the most then the Is then the channel if it stays 5-10Kn then the reef is on cheers. nq

Edit I just had a look at the map and it is 50km one way to the reef, so on second thought might leave it alone (bummer) and fish halfway out and around the islands. Unless we can bum a ride Sunday. cheers

SNELLY

OK so we are all looking OK for the weekend

Looks like most people are heading down/up on Friday so there should be a fair bit of Ming & Ging already done on Friday night.

I will be heading down on Saturday morning as its my anniversary tomorrow plus I have a birthday party to go to tomorrow night as well.

I'll get away from here about 4-30am to get to the Caltex at Gordonvale when they open at 5-00am for the obligatory Bacon,Egg & Cheese Jaffle. This will get me to Cardwell by
    7-00am. If I'm taking NQCairns & FNQ Tinny I'll pick them up at the Caravan park.

My mobile no is 0417 642 630

See you all on Saturday at the ramp at 7-00am

JON

Have a good one boys, don't forget to post!

Getting excited now, i dont want to go to work now

Tim, by the time you have smoko, read the paper, so on and so forth before you know it I will be parked out the front ready to go.