Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: NQ M&G Cardwell... REPORT

Re: NQ M&G Cardwell, weekend 21st 22nd FEB???

Tim has gotten onto me about this and I'll let you know what I'm doing. I'd like to come but not sure if I can (as well as not wanting to get wet!!) Have a great time if I don't catch up with any of you.
    Cheers, Mark.

Hmm looks like the weather may be getting bad. Lets just hope for a miracle

North Tropical Waters
    Cooktown to Cardwell
    Thursday: SW/NW winds 30/40 knots, possibly stronger. Computer models indicate a Tropical Cyclone possible in the area.

I got a few gps marks for some off shore reefs and wrecks. I will get some more before we go i just didnt have the time to write any more down. Tell me if you have heard of them or better yet fished them for some reports.

Sea hound
    Hillock
    Britomart reef
    Bramble reef
    fore n after reef
    Knife reef.
    If anyone wants the marks then pm me and ill givem to ya.
    Tim

Mad_Barry

We have a day up there planned for this Sunday, if this rain keeps up we won't bother taking the car & trailer, will just about be able to go up the highway by boat

Will let ya's know if & how we go.

Probably can't make it next weekend, plenty of kids stuff on.

unfortunately i won't be able to attend the meet and greet as i have work committments,but hopefully i will get to the next one.

Tight lines Smithy.................

Ah thats too bad smithy. Make sure you keep an eye out for the next M&G.
    Tim
    PS Or you could take a sicky

NQCairns

Not a problem - We will see how the weather is for that weekend and see who would like to tag along for a trip to the reef - You're looking at about a 30 mile trip both ways but only the last 8 mile is open
    Now who can I stalk to some good spots #
    Could always follow Krazyfisher but would need radar to keep up with his rig.
    Always a shame when resonsibility cuts fishing fun time, catch you up on the next one [smiley=2thumbsup.gif].

And your out too Dicko! #Look forward to hearing how you went this w'end.
    Next time eh! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

nq

just hope the wheather comes good so we can find some good fish

Tim
    send me a pm with the marks so I can have them in the gps before I get there

Geez some of those spots are 100k round trip from oyster point, I hope its flat.
    Any fishing is good fishing (should probably say Any fishing is...probably going to be illegal soon)

Yea i cant remember exactly where the spots are but i think knife reef is a fair distance. I got the marks from fishfinder book and i think a few members here have it aswell so there will be heaps more to choose from close in. I think a few of the places were fairley close reefs???
    Krazy ill pm you those marks now.
    Tim

Otter reef is about my max range without refuelling at sea and I'm loathe to do that
    Any fishing is good fishing (should probably say Any fishing is...probably going to be illegal soon)

how far is otter? Like i said a few of the guys have the fishfinder book which is where i got the marks from so there are heaps to choose from id say which may be closer. I dont know much about hinchinbrook so im hoping someone else who has fished this area (snelly) can lead us to some good fishing
    Also would be good if ><> can make it, i think he has fished the area a bit.

Only measuring on map but to scale approx 50k from oyster point

Barrymundi

The front of Otter is about 28NM the reek is about 10NM long
    Cape Richards is a nice spot, Gould and Garden Island are nice. Check your zoning regulations for the area.

The water that end of the island can turn nastey real quick. Check the weather and tides.

For those working the island there is a wreck just off Hecate Point. No fish, but at high water easy to hit.

I hope we dont have to go that far just to find some good fishing. I just checked the map and yea the reefs i quoted are a fair distance.

Scott, you said you had fish finder right? Can you have a looksee for some places closer to cardwell.
    Tim